How to save battery?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an Apple Watch 7 and want to avoid overcharging it. Any ways to save battery when not using it. For instance letting it sit overnight it dropped from 51 to 34% battery. I have the face off and when my phone goes to sleep mode it does as well. Would turning it off at night save battery from draining if it’s just sitting?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think that like other Apple products, the charging system on the watch will shut down when the battery is fully charged, so leaving it on the charger will not overcharge it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Charge it when you feel like charging it. Apple does a good job to protect from “overcharging”.

If you have a regular charging pattern, you can turn on “Optimized Battery Charging” under “Battery” inside the Settings.app, and it will charge the device up to 80%, stop there for a couple of hours and complete about an hour before the time you usually take it off the charger.
Note: you can have it enabled regardless.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Very seriously, there's 25 things to worry about every day, the battery on your Apple Watch or iPhone isn't and shouldn't be one of them.
As all previous posters have aptly said, charge it when you need to. Ideally get into a charging rhythm. Apple, and others, put optimized charging features in their devices. Part of this is seeing your schedule and waiting to fill the last 10 or 15% of battery just before you typically start using the device. This significantly reduces the amount of time your device's battery sits in that less than optimal full/just about full charge area.
But! even if you charge it out of rhythm sometimes, don't worry about it. The worry is far more costly than the minor wear you'll put on your battery over the years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro