How to restore partial iCloud Photos previous backup.

Brent Sipl

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
iPhone is missing a range of 2 month's worth of photos. They are also missing from iCloud Photos, where they sync. SOME of the photos are in deleted, but not all. They were inadvertently deleted 3 days ago. So since iCloud backup is working, can we get just the missing photos from a previous backup? Does iCloud back up versions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone is missing a range of 2 month's worth of photos. They are also missing from iCloud Photos, where they sync. SOME of the photos are in deleted, but not all. They were inadvertently deleted 3 days ago. So since iCloud backup is working, can we get just the missing photos from a previous backup? Does iCloud back up versions?

Restoring from an iCloud backup is an all or nothing type deal. If you have a large amount of photos, depending on your available storage, internet connectivity, and whether or not you’re syncing the full size photos, it could take a while for the photos to sync to your device.

Brent Sipl

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
Restoring from an iCloud backup is an all or nothing type deal. If you have a large amount of photos, depending on your available storage, internet connectivity, and whether or not you’re syncing the full size photos, it could take a while for the photos to sync to your device.

If photos are synched, and icloud backup is in effect, can I log in to a different phone and restore from a previous version of the backup? Will that mess up the photos or can I get just an old version of the backup on the spare phone? Of course I could turn off photo sync on the spare phone first. I don't want to jeapordize the thousands of other photos that are intact.

Brent Sipl

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site

If photos are synched, and icloud backup is in effect, can I log in to a different phone and restore from a previous version of the backup? Will that mess up the photos or can I get just an old version of the backup on the spare phone? Of course I could turn off photo sync on the spare phone first. I don't want to jeapordize the thousands of other photos that are intact.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if you have a spare phone I would just reload iOS and restore from your backup to get the photos. I'm old school so I would transfer the photos to the new phone from the spare using either AirDrop or transfer from a laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro