How to keep your iPhone clean!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't ask me how (I wash my hands regularly I swear), but my iPhone can get mighty dirty. I think partly because I drink a lot of coffee and the caffeine and coffee goodness weeps through my pores lol

But seriously, what cleaning tips or products do you recommend to keep your phone in tip-top, clean condition? I have some microfibre cloths I keep around, and have tried products like WHOOSH before...

Just wondering what you think. Perhaps the answer is I should stop drinking coffee. Problem solved :)

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't do much to my phones but the glass I keep clean with glasses cleaner from an opticaI store with the soft lens cleaning cloths they all supply. I know someone who was using GM Window cleaner on their iPad before I warned them about the harsh solvents it has to cut through bugs and tar for a car windshield!!!!! Big NO NO.

What I would like to know is how to clean the silicone iPad smart covers because my green one shows some black areas and I also wash my hands :)

Also if anyone has tips for the silicone iPhone cases and how to clean those as well?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
WHOOSH and microfiber cloth.

As for the above for iPhone silicone case, any damp cloth or screen cleaner would work as well.

Stay away from harsh stuff.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I also use Whoosh and a microfiber cloth to regularly screen and case I find Whoosh to be a superior product I also use on my eyeglasses and iPad .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I typically use a microfiber cloth dampened with either water or a non-harsh windows cleaner. I've never heard of the product Whoosh, but I plan to check it out. Thanks for the tip. ...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm cased so the back is always flawless. I have a tempered glass SP on it so when I need to remove fingerprints I just wipe it with whatever shirt I'm wearing.

Last edited:

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I use a product called iKlear. I take my phone out of the case once a week and I give it a good wipe down. iKlear comes with two microfiber cloths; one to use when wet and the other after you've wiped the phone down. Also works really well for removing fingerprints from my tempered glass.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use a dry microfiber cloth. A few times when I needed more I used one of those pre-moistened wipes for glasses. I've never heard of Whoosh before but I plan on checking it out. Thanks for the tip.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What is this Whoosh you all speak of? Have never heard of it. I just use a soft cloth and some windex. Once in awhile I'll take my case off and wipe down the whole dang thing.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Whoosh is actually a Canadian product that is also sold in U S and is safe non toxic cleaner for cell phones ,tv screens .computer screens and I use it on my glasses they say it leaves a small coating on screen to repel fingerprints and comes with a special micro fibre cloth, however I find it a very good product , better than the cheap cleaner I used to use if you can find it at your local Costco it is a very good buy.s0847161_sc7.jpg

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I thought I was OCD, but you people, sheesh. I just wipe the screen after each use usually as it gets a finger smudge just by touching it. I have a leather shell case so the screen is the only issue for me. Any soft handy cloth, even a shirt tail will work for me.
Occasionally using some optical lens cleaner. I never handle it by the screen and cringe whenever I see others holding theirs with a big thumb right on the screen. Side note: another reason I don't get the shiny gloss backsides. Worst idea ever if you like to keep a phone smudge free.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually use non-fragrance baby wipes on my SE

The best way to keep a device clean is to never take it out of the box