How To Get to Hashtag Pages in the Twitter App??

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing something that changed...if I want to see all tweets tagged with a certain hashtag (say #imore) what is the easiest way to do that? If I just search for "imore" I get results that don't use the hashtag.

The only option I see is to find a tweet that uses the tag, open it, and then tap the hashtag. Is there an easier way? I feel like this is a recent change to the Twitter app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Click the search icon in the app and then type in whatever you're seeking preceded by the hashtag. For example, #smh.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Click the search icon in the app and then type in whatever you're seeking preceded by the hashtag. For example, #smh.

Thanks, I was able to figure that out, but thought I was missing something—seems odd that we have to go to a keyboard two taps away just to type the # symbol—and then go back to the ABC board—in an app built around using them, doesn't it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I was able to figure that out, but thought I was missing something—seems odd that we have to go to a keyboard two taps away just to type the # symbol—and then go back to the ABC board—in an app built around using them, doesn't it?

I suppose, but I've been doing it that way for the past 4 years and therefore, I don't even give it a second thought.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I suppose, but I've been doing it that way for the past 4 years and therefore, I don't even give it a second thought.

Hmm, my memory is that in earlier versions I could search a word and one of the choices in the results would always be the hashtag page. Oh well!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, my memory is that in earlier versions I could search a word and one of the choices in the results would always be the hashtag page. Oh well!

It could very well have been that way, but I simply can't recall. Besides, I've used a lot of Twitter apps on various devices over the years.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Massie, I just saw an update for the Twitter app updating it to version 5.4.1 and the things that are allegedly fixed are:

1. Fixes issue where some users are not receiving all of their push notifications
2. Fixes an issue where some users are not able to access hashtag, topic, and user auto-complete suggestions while searching or composing a tweet