How To Get Ringtones Out of iTunes Onto i4S

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, I downloaded some mp3 alert tones, converted them to m4r, renamed them m4r, and put them in my ringtones folder in itunes. The problem is, when I synced me i4s, they downloaded into my music library pn my phone and not my ringtones/alerts. As I said they ARE in my itunes ringtone library, so why did it not put them in my ringtones/alerts library on my phone?

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It will even play, so I know it's converted, it's in my songs, where of course I can't use as a ringtone or alert tone. I don't understand if they are in my iTunes ringtone folder, why when I synced, that it didn't put them in my ringtone folder on the phone.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Convert the MP3's using iringer. That will give you the option to create the ringer and add it to iTunes. I installed a ton the other night for my wife and it works flawlessly.

Here is a link:

http://iringer.net/

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I plugged in my phone to iTunes, clicked on my device, went to that page and found that none of the sync options had been selected. I then clicked on the ringtone tab, checked sync ringtones>all ringtones and hit sync. That worked. They are now in my ringtone folder on my phone. :p. Thanks again.