How To Downloads Streaming Videos Straight To Phone

SargeMaximus

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys, hope you’re all well.

So I love the iPhone and haven’t had anything against it since switching from android till now.
Apparently you can’t download streaming videos directly to your phone like you can on Android.

I’ve searched several YouTube videos all advocating downloading an alternate browser that is supposed to prompt me to download a video as soon as I hit play, the problem is: it never does! I’ve tried 4 separate browser alternatives but all of them just play the video in full screen mode without prompting for download!

This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? Thanks.

caravela39

Jan 24, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

There's probably a solution, albeit not an easy one.

You'll need 2 things: A file manager with integrated browser and a web site to download videos from the link.

It also depends of the web site that the video is on. Some web sites are trickier than others.

As file manager you can use this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-5-fast-pdf-reader/id364901807?at=10l3Vy

It as an integrated web browser so it will be easier to download after getting the link.

For example, on youtube (you can use the app) go to the video you want, tap on share and copy the link. Then, with the file manager's integrated browser, search for a web site to download videos (like qdownloader), paste the link and click download. It will generate some links, you choose the one you prefer and tap download next to it. It will then download the video so you can watch it through the file manager's app.

There's been a while since I’ve done this so I’m not sure if it works nowadays.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods