How to downgrade iOS 7 beta back to iOS 6 - iMore Blog

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There are some other good sites that have already posted this but it's nice to have it on imore as well.

Though I will say there is no need to put it in DFU mode. Works either way.

charger70

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having further trouble. My step daughter went to the IOS7 and messed up her phone. She tried to do the restore but now it's stuck in activation mode. It begins the activation mode and then I get this message. "This device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program. if you are a member of the program, please register your device in the iphone developer program portal at http://developer.appple.com/iphon/."

She gave up and bought a used droid as I was not going to mess with this anymore. now my neice broke her phone so I am trying once more to fix this. I just want it back to IOS6. I tried you link but ITunes would recognize as it said it needs iTunes 11.0.3 in order to work. Apple was no help. Any ideas or is this thing a paper weight now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having further trouble. My step daughter went to the IOS7 and messed up her phone. She tried to do the restore but now it's stuck in activation mode. It begins the activation mode and then I get this message. "This device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program. if you are a member of the program, please register your device in the iphone developer program portal at http://developer.appple.com/iphon/."

She gave up and bought a used droid as I was not going to mess with this anymore. now my neice broke her phone so I am trying once more to fix this. I just want it back to IOS6. I tried you link but ITunes would recognize as it said it needs iTunes 11.0.3 in order to work. Apple was no help. Any ideas or is this thing a paper weight now.

​Download the latest iTunes version, if you haven't already, and try the procedure again.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Download the latest iTunes as it says

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Kai Zen

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys my friend stuffed up his phone to by restoring it to IOS 7 but its simple to get it back all u need to do is go to InsanelyiOS- The Blog of an Apple Fanboy - Firmware (or current firmware) and find your ct firmware for your device then put your device into dfu mode and shife click restore on itunes then select the firmware you just download Wait...... then back to normal

MLM1971

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
When I make a call and the call has connected I press the lock button and the call ends? Never seen that before and I did a clean install and a restore. Anyone seeing that? It was not in Beta 4.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

​Download the latest iTunes version, if you haven't already, and try the procedure again.

Download the latest iTunes as it says

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
I have to agree with 'D and Peligro about iTunes but i would like to say this and it is only a statement....If your SD has her phone registered at the developer portal then that is cool and if not that is the reason people who are not registered and just want to play with and OS that has not been signed off on yet, no Gold master and not made public - Should not be doing these things. I am not making a judgement here only a harmless statement to think about. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I make a call and the call has connected I press the lock button and the call ends? Never seen that before and I did a clean install and a restore. Anyone seeing that? It was not in Beta 4.
When you have a connected call -- What lock button are you pressing? Are you referring to the power/lock button on the top? Once again if you are in iOS 7 throw a lot of what you normally do out the window.... It is a beta version of a not yet released software. Please keep this in mind or has everyone forgotten this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner