How to do a soft reset on iPhone 7

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Is it something I'm missing? I noticed that when I press power button and home button together for long time nothing happens like it did on the previous devices. Did apple change this? Or is there a new setting I have to do with the home button before that would work?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hold down the power button and volume down button simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.

The iPhone 7/7 Plus don’t have mechanical home buttons.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hold down the power button and volume down button simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.

The iPhone 7/7 Plus don’t have mechanical home buttons.

Thanks. Never thought about that and was even lazy to even google it as well. Thanks for having this family. Haha yeah I got it now.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Never thought about that and was even lazy to even google it as well. Thanks for having this family. Haha yeah I got it now.

It’s no problem! Happy to help. It originally took me a minute to figure it out too.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
You do it the same way you do it on a Windows Phone - hold down the sleep/wake and volume down buttons until you see the logo reappear. :)

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does it really matter whether it’s a hard reset or a soft reset? I’m pretty sure everyone knows what OP is talking about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro