How to delete multiple gmails easily?

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
New 4S user, tried a search. Have like 60 gmails and would like to delete multiple ones. I'm sure it's simple, (but not for me). Thanks in advance, this is a great forum, I came from BB and Android.

Accidental Post

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
i thought the name looked familiar. I have seen you in the Android forums and on CB,,,

i open my mail tap edit and select the ones I want to delete then tap the red delete button at the bottom. I have my gmail setup as an exchange account.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I was big on CB, still visit the android section (this is better). What's the advantage of Exchange account? This is actually my wife's iPhone, no work involved.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
or if you have TONS of emails to delete, log onto your gmail account from your desktop and delete them from there... if you use Exchange, then once you delete them from the gmail account, they get deleted from your phone as well.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
With the newly re-released Gmail app, you can delete multiple emails by putting a check next to emails you want to delete and then hitting the trash icon. It's a lot quicker than having to swipe and hit delete on every email.

Reactions: Fatboy71

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
With the newly re-released Gmail app, you can delete multiple emails by putting a check next to emails you want to delete and then hitting the trash icon. It's a lot quicker than having to swipe and hit delete on every email.

I wasn't aware there is a Gmail app, thanks for this.

Accidental Post

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Newt just go to the mail setup page on the phone and click exchange use your gmail address as your username leave the domain blank when you hit next the server is m.google.com

Setanta

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Fantastic news, the Gmail app is awesome!!!

You guys are a great help for all of us iPhone noobs.

Setanta

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but you have to go to the edit menu first. The Gmail app allows you to check off each email while staying on the same screen/page. The ability to attach a file to an email that I have begun composing is something else that the Gmail app brings with it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but you have to go to the edit menu first. The Gmail app allows you to check off each email while staying on the same screen/page. The ability to attach a file to an email that I have begun composing is something else that the Gmail app brings with it.

I guess, if you consider pressing one "Edit" button going to a separate menu. The attach feature is definitely cool, but what I'm really waiting for is the ability to use multiple accounts/Send As names. (I freelance in a few different fields, and funnel my varying email addresses into one Gmail account.) If Google follows through on its promises for updates, that would be enough to make me use their app as my default mail app.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the gmail application on my phone but it's not going to be the main source for my mail. I am only going to use the gmail application to star emails when I need to. Other then that the regular application works for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk