How to delete Built in Apps?

Greybrim

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but im just new here.
well here is my problem i just recently bought an Ipod touch 3g (8gb) and it seems like the 8gb is not enough for me so i need to delete some of the built in apps. can anyone teach me how to delete them? and is there anyway to maximize the storage capacity of my ipod? thanks in advance for anyone that will help me! :)

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I recall reading that a jb'd device can hide icons of builtin apps, but I don't think I read anything about removing them.

Mythico

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but im just new here.
well here is my problem i just recently bought an Ipod touch 3g (8gb) and it seems like the 8gb is not enough for me so i need to delete some of the built in apps. can anyone teach me how to delete them? and is there anyway to maximize the storage capacity of my ipod? thanks in advance for anyone that will help me! :)

I dont think its possible to remove them. Although you can move the to a page you dont use. If your phone is jailbroken you can use categories to create a folder and put all the unused icons into one folder. This way all my unused icons only take up a total of 1 space on my springboard.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You cannot remove them, but you can hide their icons:

1. Jailbreak
2. Install SBSettings
3. Via SBSettings > More > Hide Icons, choose which ones you would like to hide

gdvyas

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
i think so u can .

first you might need a jailbroken ipod download a file manager i prefer ifile from cydia
open ifile carefully delete the apps you dont want from applications and trash.
you may also delete temp files to reduce memory usage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The built in apps don't take much space. On my iPhone, iBooks is the largest at 23 mb. Next is the Health app at only 2 mb. We're not talking about a lot of space here. There's other things you can do to manage storage.
Delete messages
Delete emails with photos
Delete any 3rd party apps you don't need. Especially large ones.
Upload photos to Box or Dropbox

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD