How to change an Apple ID account?

I

iMore Question

How to change an apple I'd account

Just bought a used I pod touch and it has an apple I'd account but don't know the password and I was going to put my apple I'd account on the I pod touch

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to change an apple I'd account

Just bought a used I pod touch and it has an apple I'd account but don't know the password and I was going to put my apple I'd account on the I pod touch

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout? your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they?ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief.

So there it is. If it's your device, use the link to reset the login. If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.

In the future, Before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.
https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox