HOW TO BACKUP IPHONE 5s TO ICLOUD WITH PC?

steve72852

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I can't pick up my AT&T router (Wi-Fi) at my desktop with my iphone for some reason. So is there a way to use the USB connection to my PC to back it up to icloud? I have an Icloud account.. thanks... Steve

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're not running iTunes on this particular computer? If so, just back up to that via USB... Then back-up to iCloud manually when you have wifi available.

steve72852

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Yes I do have ITunes installed on the PC, and have an iCloud account. I actually had a backup in late Nov. But my phone presents a prompt to log onto the AT&T Wi-Fi and I don't have a password to 'join'. The key on the router doesn't work either. In fact when I'm at work the phone wants me to use a LAN but there's never a way to log on,as an aside.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Back-up to iCloud requires wifi you have the ability to use... If you can't sign-on, there's no way around it. If plugged into a computer with iTunes, you can physically back-up to that computer... No wifi required. There is no way to back-up to iCloud without wifi... It's working as designed.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you said AT&T router, Do you have a service that you are supplied their router? If so as long as you have WIFI turned on your phone it should at least find your router and whoever set it up be it you ot AT&T you need to have a passphrase on it that someone would have set up, Then your phone would at least find it, Once you and you select it, it is going to ask you for a password - enter the same one and you should be hooked up to WIFI and from there you can back up tp iCloud as long as you know the proper way to do it ( the steps) once you plug in to the charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen