How to attach .doc file to a reply email

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have moved to iOS from BB10 and one of the task i don't know how to perform is how to attach a document when replying to a message.
I did look in "How to" section...
Any feedback is welcomed:cool:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Open the doc file in the app that handles it on the iPhone... find the "Share" icon (the box with an up arrow out the top) and that will let you send it as an email.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I use pages then share my documents through this app. It's very useful especially when I finish something on my mac then iCloud stores it on my phone.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
But how to attach multiple doc file in one email.

You're not going to be able to do this with the stock mail app, since it only looks in your photos section to attach multiple items. I still wish Apple would introduce a files.app someday in order to store non-photo documents.

Best workaround is to:
1. Use a cloud storage service to store and distribute documents (e.g. Dropbox)
2. Use an email app that allows for attaching documents from said cloud storage.

Off the top of my head, I know that the Mailbox app can sync with a Dropbox account to attach documents from.

Another solution is to use the cloud storage app directly, they will often let you select multiple items, then email them out all at once. However this doesn't help if you're trying to reply to an existing email with attachments (the above Mailbox+Dropbox solution works for this).

Basically, the closest you'll be able to get to using and emailing multiple documents on iOS is through the use of cloud storage applications.

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I use docs2go. With that program I am able to access my cloud storages, have spreadsheet, word, PDF support, can email from file system provided by the program as well as my cloud storages. Best $15 I have spent for an app (also only app I have ever spent that much for). I used it on my blackberry years ago and was the first app I bought when I moved to iOS 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My apologies for reviving an old thread but, I just tried Multiple Attachments app now. Works for me as advertised. Use open in feature from apps containing the files you want to email then open the Multiple Attachments app to send email via native mail app. A workaround yes but worked without a hitch for me. YMMV of course.

TechGod2014

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Pdf expert is your beat bet. I use it to email multiple work docs every day. Zip, pdf, pics and XML. Just open the docs u wish to email in that app and it will save it there then hit edit to chose the apps and then hit email. All ur docs will be attached to that email. Very easy to use. Hit me up if u need help using this app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope that iOS 8 does fix this. Just today I had to send two Word docs. Since the docs were non-work related, I tried to reply to the requester (who asked for the docs) in the same email thread. (Which is exactly what this threads title is all about). This isn't possible in iOS 7.

So, I replied informing that I'd send the docs from my work address. The alternative was to spin up two separate emails via my cloud storage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods