How to add downloaded fonts to BytaFont

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to add a downloaded font from my Mac to my iPhone to use with BytaFont.

Here's what I've noticed:
1) Each .font folder in BytaFont have staple fonts: Georgia, Helvetica, LockClock, and a couple others. ALL folders have these .ttf files in them but I don't see the actual [font].ttf file in them. I don't know if the font is embedded in the folder or what.
2) BytaFont will not allow a font to be selected UNLESS it has those staple font files in the folder.
3) If I copy and paste the staple font files into the [font].font folder I'm trying to add, it will appear as the font which I copied the staple folders from.

I'm completely lost on what else I could possible do to just simply get the MarkerFelt font able to be used in BytaFont!

If anyone has some pointers, or a solution, please let me know!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Thank you D, I tried using these steps but the part that was confusing me was "create a folder for the font you want to add, e.g. <MyFont>.font and copy all the ttc/ttf files in this folder (Georgia.ttf, GeorgiaBold.ttf, GeorgiaBoldItalic.ttf, GeorgiaItalic.ttf, Helvetica.ttc, HelveticaNeue.ttc, HelveticaNeueExtras.ttc, LockClock.ttc, MarkerFeltThin.ttf, PhoneKeyCaps.ttf, PhoneKeyCapsTwo.ttf, PhonepadTwo.ttf)" :(
I don't understand where I'm supposed to get those fonts that need to be in the folder, because if I copy and paste from another font folder then it will look like the font I copied from.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you D, I tried using these steps but the part that was confusing me was "create a folder for the font you want to add, e.g. <MyFont>.font and copy all the ttc/ttf files in this folder (Georgia.ttf, GeorgiaBold.ttf, GeorgiaBoldItalic.ttf, GeorgiaItalic.ttf, Helvetica.ttc, HelveticaNeue.ttc, HelveticaNeueExtras.ttc, LockClock.ttc, MarkerFeltThin.ttf, PhoneKeyCaps.ttf, PhoneKeyCapsTwo.ttf, PhonepadTwo.ttf)" :(
I don't understand where I'm supposed to get those fonts that need to be in the folder, because if I copy and paste from another font folder then it will look like the font I copied from.
I take it to mean that you should copy the fonts that YOU want into that particular folder, but I could be wrong. My devices are not jailbroken and I know little to nothing about jailbreaking. Sorry.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I take it to mean that you should copy the fonts that YOU want into that particular folder, but I could be wrong. My devices are not jailbroken and I know little to nothing about jailbreaking. Sorry.

No problem man, truly appreciate your input!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You would add the fonts (ttf files) to the myfonts folder. See image. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367065531.908072.jpg

Sent from a custom iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice