How the delivery date is determined?

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Last night I got in to the Apple Store App about 5 minutes after it started, went through the pre-order quickly, selected "activate later" to speed up the process. And paid with Apple Pay. It went very smoothly and quickly. I received the confirmation email from Apple Store for the order at around 11 minutes after the start time. But the delivery date on that email stated "Oct 5 to Oct 12". Why is it 3, 4 weeks away? I saw some people got delivery date on Sept 21, how they get that early? Does it has anything to do with the model that I ordered? I ordered the Xs Max 512 GB Space Gray.

I am in no rush, but I just wonder how it is determined. Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Mostly has to do with what you ordered.

And I know you’re in no rush, but just know Apple likes to under promise and over deliver. Wouldn’t be surprised if you received it before September ends.

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Last night I got in to the Apple Store App about 5 minutes after it started, went through the pre-order quickly, selected "activate later" to speed up the process. And paid with Apple Pay. It went very smoothly and quickly. I received the confirmation email from Apple Store for the order at around 11 minutes after the start time. But the delivery date on that email stated "Oct 5 to Oct 12". Why is it 3, 4 weeks away? I saw some people got delivery date on Sept 21, how they get that early? Does it has anything to do with the model that I ordered? I ordered the Xs Max 512 GB Space Gray.

I am in no rush, but I just wonder how it is determined. Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

I think they like to anticipate demand. More people going for the higher storage option etc. I got the 256gig silver Max and Sept 21st delivery. You also might get yours sooner

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered around 12:20am PDT and got a Sim Free XsM 256 Space Gray with a Friday 9/21 delivery.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
After the initial rush most orders from the Apple site chnaged to 2 or 3 weeks for delivery but there are still a lot of availability for the 21st if you did a store pick up. So my guess is most stock went to the stores and a lot less for delivery orders.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
After the initial rush most orders from the Apple site chnaged to 2 or 3 weeks for delivery but there are still a lot of availability for the 21st if you did a store pick up. So my guess is most stock went to the stores and a lot less for delivery orders.

I noticed the same...
I had some issues (self inflicted) that caused me to place my order an hour or so after the site went live - when I first tried to check out the delivery date was the 21st, then on subsequent attempts to check out that had slipped to a window of 9/28-10/5 for delivery. All throughout though and even now, the site is showing a store pick up for what I ordered (512gb gold XS Max) of 9/21 at the nearby (half hour drive) Apple Store. I’m all right with waiting a little longer to get it via delivery, for some reason (my being lazy :p) I didn’t feel like going with the in store pick up option this year. Maybe if the store was within walking distance I would have gone that route then.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just checked online, and the only store in Seattle now is has none for pick up on 9/21 if you pre-order, except for 64gb. Glad I ordered mine for delivery last night.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Carrier, color, storage options all of those play a factor into delivery date. I chose XS Max 512GB Gold SIM Free, it will be here on the 21st. But each carrier has an allotment of each color, storage option for the initial delivery window then it goes into backorder mode after that. if they were all SIM Free it would be so much easier to manage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods