How rid my iPhone & sync’d Outlook on PC of ‘automatic’ Contact Groups & Calendars I didn’t create?

Ross_KL

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
How rid my iPhone & sync’d Outlook on PC of ‘automatic’ Contact Groups & Calendars I didn’t create?

NOT the usual query - re calendars and contacts:
I have several calendars and several contact groups appear on my iPhone over time (7-12, depending on where I look), and the same in my Outlook app on PC which I try to sync my iPhone with. I didn’t consciously create all of these calendars and contact groups. They seem randomly associated with email accounts. [ I have several personal email accounts - by Microsoft & Apple obligations across many continents and many years, not by my choice! I am not using any employer/academic server account. ]
The calendars/groups may have identical names but have non-identical entries, or may contain multiple duplicate entries per single cal/group.
I want rid of all this useless crap.
Even if I unknowingly caused some of it by accessing multiple email accounts on iDevices and also within Outlook on PCs/Macs over the years (30+).
What I need is One calendar and One address book (or ‘contact group’?) which simply sync across my iDevices and Outlook on PC (MAC, or elsewhere) and are consistently accessible and consistent in content, regardless of email accounts or apps in use.
If I subsequently choose to categorise calendar entries (work, home, etc), or create mailing distribution lists, that should be up to me only, as and when I see fit.
Any sympathetic but sensible suggestions on clearing this clutter?
Ross
(I use all latest OS systems & app updates.)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How rid my iPhone & sync’d Outlook on PC of ‘automatic’ Contact Groups & Calendars I didn’t crea

Calendars:

1. Initiate the native Calendars app on your iPhone.
2. Select "Calendars" at the bottom of the screen.
3. Uncheck any calendar you don't want displayed or select the circled I to the right of each listed calendar, scroll to the bottom and then select "Delete Calendar".

Contacts:

1. Initiate the native Contacts app on your iPhone.
2. Select "Groups" in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Uncheck the groups you don't want to display in the Contacts app.

With that in mind, if you want to delete the groups associated with an iCloud account, simply login to the iCloud website via a computer, select the Contacts icon, select a group you want to delete, select the jog wheel in the bottom left corner, and then choose to delete the group. I assume other accounts have similar directions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner