How often do you guys change cases?

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
So I used to only have one case, some cheap black plastic thing, but when I upgraded I got a couple of new ones. One in bamboo and a blue one with a quilt texture on the back. I saw someones board on pinterest the other day with phone cases, though, and now I want ALL of them. I never really thought of my phone as a fashion accessory, but I feel like I need to buy something to match different outfits now!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Since getting my 5S in Nov I've maybe changed my case 3 times. I had 4 cases, but now I'm down to 3 lol. I had my polka dot Kate Spade case on my phone at a family gathering recently....my niece saw it and fell in love with it. I took it off right then & there and gave it to her. Since then I've had my phone case less and as of now have no desire whatsoever to even put a case back on !! So I guess I won't be changing my case anytime soon :p lol

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my Luvvitt Crystal Clear case on my 5s as well as on my Air2 to show off the GOLD

Sent from my GOLD s
using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Never. Lol I've got one case for my 6 Plus and that's the apple leather in black. I'll use it until my dBrand carbon fiber skin arrives then I'll likely not use a case at all

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This past month(dec)....? Too many times !! I've been going through what I like to call "case dysfunction" 😛 although I only have 5 cases now, I just could not decide what one to keep on, so majority of the time my phone has been caseless.

This past week I purchased a purple Mophie helium, and using it for a few hours one day I felt it didn't feel much lighter weigh-wise, so the next day I returned it. Then on Saturday while out in BestBuy (that place is deadly to me LOL) I, of course, had to browse the case section....once again came across the purple Mophie helium and decided to purchase it AGAIN but this time along with the Mophie juice pack doc made for the 5/5S so you can leave the case on and have the phone sit up so it is convienent for alarm clock'ing !!

Well....for now I'm happy to say I've had the purple Mophie on my phone since yesterday and so far I'm happy with it. The Mophie juice pack doc is also compatible with the gold Mophie Air I have so I'll be able to change off without any hitch. I also still have my TwelveSouth HiRise dock set up on my end table in case I decide to go case less or throw on my Spigen Crystal clear, speck candy shell or snap on minimal clear case.

Let's see how long this lasts with the Mophie !! 😂 real. world. problems.

Last edited:

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I switch cases constantly depending on what I'm doing for the day and weight and bulk of case

Sent from my Space-G 6 iPhone using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I was switching cases constantly on my 5 and 5s, I did amass 13 cases that needed to be used. I eventually ended up by only using the Apple Leather Case.

So when I got the 6 and the Apple Leather Casey, I vowed to only have one case. :D

So the answer to the question is "Never".

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I usually do on the weekends. I *normally* have my otterbox on during the week, and put my Spigen Tough Armor on for the weekends. I hate otterboxs but use one out of necessity.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Zyiros

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I typically have a two cases for each device I own. I switch cases about once every six months.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never had more than one case for any of my iPhones. It's always been an Otterbox Defender. The Defender on my iP 5 has only been removed 3 times in 17 months to clean the screens. The last time I removed it, my phone looked brand new. Never needed any other case. Besides, this Otterbox Defender is difficult to remove. :D

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've never had more than one case for any of my iPhones. It's always been an Otterbox Defender. The Defender on my iP 5 has only been removed 3 times in 17 months to clean the screens. The last time I removed it, my phone looked brand new. Never needed any other case. Besides, this Otterbox Defender is difficult to remove. :D

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Do you use a screen protector under the built in one ?My otterbox leaves marks on my 6 and I find myself cleaning it every other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I just bought myself a cold black and gold case. Will always be a case freak

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
2bda643b9f02eb9280349e738f446998.jpg
6ff54731cb79501d2b91f3e2a8b724c4.jpg
e8fcb6771927912533ea07433cdb10c7.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics