How often do you clean your new 5S?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to sound crazy but I take good care of my iPhone. I worked so hard to get this phone therefore I give it a good clean after a few hours have passed. Also I have never dropped this phone ( touch wood). Anyone crazy like me ?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I'm not OCD with it. I mean, I clean it whenever I think it needs wiping - mostly from fingerprints or smudges, but I don't have a specific amount of times per day that I clean it. Know what I mean?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually clean mine when I'm about to use it. I wipe the front of it on my pant leg or shirt. As for the rest of the phone, I keep it in my BookBook so there is no need to clean the sides and back.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Zagg wipes usually every other day because I don't like germs and whatnot building up.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Years of working in a dusty factory I always clean my phones in the locker room after work ends with an alcohol wipe and blown them out with compressed air on the weekend but since the iPhone isn't easy or non battery removal I have it in a waterproof case which I still wipe clean after work

Sent from my iPhone 5

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I after reading these posts I feel I'm not the only person that does this lol.
I've seen certain people who have bought the iPhone 5S and in a day or 2 of use it's in terrible condition. Scratches everywhere. It pains me lol.
My friend bought her iPhone 5S yesterday, she hates cases and as soon has she left the apple store she dropped it face down and the phone had a massive crack in the front 😫.
I'd loose my mind if that happened to me.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have only had my 5s since yesterday, but I also had the 5 before that.
Since work outdoors, I usually clean it every evening I get in and blow it with compressed air.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When I had the SpaceGray 5S I was constantly cleaning off the fingerprints as I could not stand looking at the all Black front with fingerprints all over it. When I get the Silver one I know I'll only have to wipe them off once a day as they are not that noticeable on that model.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the 5s yet but I clean my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini with a cleaning wipe (made for electronics) every day before going to work. When I had my white 4s I didn't have to clean it as much. The black 5 I have now always looks fingerprint-y and gross. Definitely going back to a white phone with the 5s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When I had the SpaceGray 5S I was constantly cleaning off the fingerprints as I could not stand looking at the all Black front with fingerprints all over it. When I get the Silver one I know I'll only have to wipe them off once a day as they are not that noticeable on that model.

Yeah. I had the same thing with my iPhone 5 black before I got my 5s white silver.
Black shows so easily whilst with white it's not that noticeable.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 5s yet but I clean my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini with a cleaning wipe (made for electronics) every day before going to work. When I had my white 4s I didn't have to clean it as much. The black 5 I have now always looks fingerprint-y and gross. Definitely going back to a white phone with the 5s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What I did notice about the white models is grim and dirt. Get stuck on the home button and I couldn't seem to get it out. It seemed pretty impossible. But since the 5S has the silver ring on the home button maybe that won't happen? I hope so.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What I did notice about the white models is grim and dirt. Get stuck on the home button and I couldn't seem to get it out. It seemed pretty impossible. But since the 5S has the silver ring on the home button maybe that won't happen? I hope so.

I've had my White iPhone 5 for a year now and there is no dirt at all on or around the home button. In fact, it is so clean that the people I work with thought I already got my Silver 5S, lol.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had my White iPhone 5 for a year now and there is no dirt at all on or around the home button. In fact, it is so clean that the people I work with thought I already got my Silver 5S, lol.

Lol. You must really take care of your device. I did but ended up having dirt stick on the edge of the home button. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol. You must really take care of your device. I did but ended up having dirt stick on the edge of the home button. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Yes, I do. I put my new Silver 5S in a case and put a screensaver on it right out of the box. I guarantee you that by next year it will look as new as it is now. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I do. I put my new Silver 5S in a case and put a screensaver on it right out of the box. I guarantee you that by next year it will look as new as it is now. :)

I need to pick up a screen protector.. Didn't use one on my 5 and somehow ended up with 2 distinct scratches despite claims of the screen not being scratch-able.. :(

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
After dropping over $800 including accessories for my 5s, I seem to be cleaning it once or twice a day. Haven't dropped it either. However got AppleCare+ in the event something happens it won't be more then $79 + tax for a repair if it's an accident.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I had my iPhone 5 for a year and my iPad 4 and they both looked in 100% condition. No scratches anywhere. No dirt nothing. Most people ask me why I'm so anal about cleaning my products. We'll it because I work hard for these products, and pay good money for them. It wouldn't make sense not to take good care of them.