How OCD are you?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And the toilet paper thing? I have even changed the roll when I'm at other people's homes just so it hangs over, rather than under.

Blinds? I don't want people outside to be able to look up into my house, so they go down. Although I largely solved that issue by installing vertical blinds.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And the toilet paper thing? I have even changed the roll when I'm at other people's homes just so it hangs over, rather than under.

Blinds? I don't want people outside to be able to look up into my house, so they go down. Although I largely solved that issue by installing vertical blinds.

Yeah, I've done the switch-a-roo with the TP in other people's houses, too.

On the blinds, my thinking is that if they're going to stand against my window and look in, let 'em see the ceiling. It's very nice shade of white. I don't want them looking down to see my stuff. :eek:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, a shrink would have a field day with this forum. A built-in client base for sure. I, on the other hand, have no problems, and i'll kill anyone who says that i do!:eek:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't want them looking down to see my stuff. :eek:

"Man, that water's cold... and deep too!" Say the two men peeing off the side of the ship.

Wow, a shrink would have a field day with this forum. A built-in client base for sure. I, on the other hand, have no problems, and i'll kill anyone who says that i do!:eek:

Looooool!!! But is it really US who have the problem?! I think not! ;)

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I've done the switch-a-roo with the TP in other people's houses, too.

On the blinds, my thinking is that if they're going to stand against my window and look in, let 'em see the ceiling. It's very nice shade of white. I don't want them looking down to see my stuff. :eek:

you guys switch the roll lol I thought I had a problem when I ironed my best friend's tablecloth before we ate. Everyone was looking for me they walk into the kitchen as I finished ironing lol

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
you guys switch the roll lol I thought I had a problem when I ironed my best friend's tablecloth before we ate. Everyone was looking for me they walk into the kitchen as I finished ironing lol

Hey Ricky, i have a bunch of shirts that could use an ironing. Any chance of you coming down to Florida?:p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol sure you pay the ticket and I'll be there :D My fiance hates folding and ironing lol so this comes in handy because I iron anything I'm gonna wear even t-shirts.

OK so another facet is I like everything straight, even and matching. So if I put something on my cofee table or mantle it has to have another matching one on the other half of the space. If there is no matching I put something else of roughly the same size. They all must be evenly spced apart. If I hang or put together furniture it has to be laser guided straight. If it's a table and it's on wood flooring I use the lines of the floor to make sure the edge of the legs are aligned along the lines lol. I use a measuring tape to measure and make sure everything is evenly spaced. So my friends call me when they have new furniture to put together but they usually don't help because they don't want to measure and check everything. I've even found myself wanting to re-organize things in people's house when they don't have a matching item, it's crooked or un-even. :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Symmetry is everything! I can't even wear asymmetrical jewelry.

And lining things up with the lines on the floor? omg...every morning I go into my classroom and line up the desks to the tile on the floor. (I have a former art room with 12" ceramic tile.) My heart thuds when the kids come in and slam themselves into the desks, sliding them inches from where they started, and I frequently will have someone move their desk in the middle of class just to realign.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Symmetry is everything! I can't even wear asymmetrical jewelry.

And lining things up with the lines on the floor? omg...every morning I go into my classroom and line up the desks to the tile on the floor. (I have a former art room with 12" ceramic tile.) My heart thuds when the kids come in and slam themselves into the desks, sliding them inches from where they started, and I frequently will have someone move their desk in the middle of class just to realign.

Welcome to the club, Alli!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thought of something else! Finger prints on my iPhone/iPad/computer monitor! :eek:

I don't touch monitors but my messy boss does! :mad:

This thread is so therapeutic! Lol!!

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so my list is very long so i'll just try to pick out a few good ones....

ok so for the duplicates....
-TP must come "over the top"
- blinds - pointed up
- car - i check that is locked 4-5 times even though i hear it beep and see the lights flash
- i too check my alarm like 5 times to make sure i put it on and everything is OK

her are a few new ones....
- i lock the car even when its in the garage
- i check that the light switch is indeed off even though i just saw the light go out...i sometimes feel like the switch only moved enough to cut the circuit but not enough to be in the full "off position" i fear this will cause a short and must check it LOL!
- all the food, spices, etc in my cabinets MUST be label out
- when a window in my house is closed it must be locked at all times
- if a pillow on my bed ever touches the floor i must replace the case as i feel the floor is dirty even though i vacuum a few times a week

My OCD is not nearly as bad as it used to be, i used to have crazy "rituals" (for lack of a better term) that i had to do every night before i went to bed and it involved checking the light switches, the door locks, the window locks, the stove, basically anything you could think of....the process would take like 30min and if i screwed up the order i'd have to start all over again....

i finally kicked that habit by talking about it with friends and realizing that it was silly...i think this forum might help people! even though i feel like a freak now haha

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
My daughter makes fun of me for this but I do it with out even thinking...

Fast food wrappers, like for a burger, I fold the top and bottom edges down about 1.5" twice and make sure it's nice and flat.

Also with a can of soda, I have to turn the tab to the right.

I am also on the TP bandwagon...MUST come from the top of the roll!

Fun thread! :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do have to say my OCD, and anxieties, increase to ridiculous levels during the winter time. i am a major germophobe!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Fast food wrappers, like for a burger, I fold the top and bottom edges down about 1.5" twice and make sure it's nice and flat.

Yes, yes!!! And it's difficult at Subway since they roll the sub in at the diagonal and you have to turn it.