How much do you think this would be worth?

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey everybody.

I'm considering selling a 32GB iPhone 4 in Black, however, i am not sure on the price because there is a stand out annoyance.

The power button doesn't work, no click, no response whatsoever, The phone is in good condition and it's running iOS 6.1.3.

How much would think the phone would go for as i'm considering getting a Moto G, as i already have three iOS devices.

It does have the original box, i'll bundle in a case and EarPod's from the iPhone 5S, obviously unused.

Last edited:

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd say no more than $80, and thats if someone is willing to take it and repair it themselves.

Hmm. Damn, i've seen ones with similar damage for at least $200

And it's better than the $32 dollars mobile phone recyclers were gonna offer me. :\

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Do an eBay search with the same parameters and see what you find. I think $200 is way more than you will get. But who knows.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Damn, i've seen ones with similar damage for at least $200

And it's better than the $32 dollars mobile phone recyclers were gonna offer me. :\

I don't see you getting $200 for an iPhone 4, but maybe you'll get lucky. Give swappa.com a try.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's a 32 i4 so that has value the operation system would have appealed to some for the JB option but now that iOS 7 can be broken it's not going to increase the value

Do a search but in that condition you could get a hundred on eBay

My opinion only

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my GF's iP4 8 GB for $150 4 weeks ago. I used sold eBay data and current craigslist listings to price it. I know I can get $200+ for my iP4 32 GB. I too have replaced the screen, home button and power buttons over the last 3 years. Right now mine is in excellent condition. The trick is being patient. I sat tight on my GF's phone for 3 weeks and had to filter through about 25 offers of less than $100. Someone texted me and was reasonable, they wanted me to knock off $25, I knew my research on eBay and Craigslist, so I held firm and told him the price was right. I met him later that day and got full price, $150. Do your research, price it right, be patient, be firm.

Nerd

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my GF's iP4 8 GB for $150 4 weeks ago. I used sold eBay data and current craigslist listings to price it. I know I can get $200+ for my iP4 32 GB. I too have replaced the screen, home button and power buttons over the last 3 years. Right now mine is in excellent condition. The trick is being patient. I sat tight on my GF's phone for 3 weeks and had to filter through about 25 offers of less than $100. Someone texted me and was reasonable, they wanted me to knock off $25, I knew my research on eBay and Craigslist, so I held firm and told him the price was right. I met him later that day and got full price, $150. Do your research, price it right, be patient, be firm.

Nerd

Right but your GF phone was in good condition. Once the phones power button doesn't work that decreases the value and the people who would be interested.

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Swappa and Gazelle are available in Australia.

I'll try $125 on the iPhone, would the iOS version it's running count towards price too?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd say $50 to $100 is reasonable. Anything close to or over $100, take it and run.

I sold my 4 for $200. But it was in full working condition. Carrier unlocked by AT&T. Came with original box and accessories. Screen protector installed, with 2 extras. Generic bumper case. Skullcandy hard shell case. Mophie Juice Pack outdoor edition, in original packaging, with maybe 5 charge/discharge cycles on it. Skullcandy 50/50 earbuds, in original packaging, and a replacement battery that was ready to install if the original battery started giving out. (Which after 3 years, I was expecting to have happened already.) I sold it to my friends fianc?. It is still going strong and working properly. Original battery still holding on.

LMZR

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd say $50 to $100 is reasonable. Anything close to or over $100, take it and run.

I sold my 4 for $200. But it was in full working condition. Carrier unlocked by AT&T. Came with original box and accessories. Screen protector installed, with 2 extras. Generic bumper case. Skullcandy hard shell case. Mophie Juice Pack outdoor edition, in original packaging, with maybe 5 charge/discharge cycles on it. Skullcandy 50/50 earbuds, in original packaging, and a replacement battery that was ready to install if the original battery started giving out. (Which after 3 years, I was expecting to have happened already.) I sold it to my friends fianc?. It is still going strong and working properly. Original battery still holding on.

I could add some EarPods and a few cases, i think that would be a good thing to do. :)

And i do have the original box as well, i guess this would have been better if i had posted this on my first post.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ultimately you are selling them a phone that needs repair. Unless any of those things can fix it IMO I don't think it would add much value.

jrocke0w0

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It might be in your best interest to have the phone repaired yourself so you can sell it for top dollar. This should increase your market and make a much quicker sale.

dhack21

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Many places around here replace or fix ip4 power buttons for around 20-30 though it's not super difficult to do yourself if your patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods