How many sound modes does iPhone have?

Baz88

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
On my s7, there were 3 modes of sound. Sound on, vibrate and mute. Vibrate did just that. Vibrated when the phone was on silent and the mute option completely cut off sound and vibration altogether, but on the iphone i can only see the vibrate option where you flick the swtich on the side. I know you can turn off vibration through settings, so it would mute, but i don't want to do that because most of the time my phone is on silent and sometimes i want it to vibrate if i'm in a meeting and it's in my pocket for example and i want to feel a call coming through but i don't want the sound to go off and other times i want everything completely off such as when the phone is on the desk in the office and i'm texting but i don't want it to vibrate everytime a message comes through. 'Do not disturb' does fix this, but it also stops the screen from lighting up which i don't want. I wan to see that i have a message, but i don't wan to disturb others with my phone buzzing on the table every 2 mins.

Do these options exist on iphone? I never thought i would struggle with an iphone but i think android has come such a long way that now i'm struggling to adapt to small changes like this especially considering i used an android for only 1 year out of the last 4. All the others were iphones.

Edit: I know its completely possible to turn off vibration from settings when I need to, but it would be so much easier to do it from control centre or with one action than have to unlock the phone> go into settings> go into sounds and haptics>Turn off vibration and then when need be do the same to turn it back on.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using the "Do Not Disturb" function? It will silence alert sounds as well as vibrations. It will not, however, silence alarms that you have set.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using the "Do Not Disturb" function? It will silence alert sounds as well as vibrations. It will not, however, silence alarms that you have set.

Op stated to know about this feature, but it doesn’t suit his specific needs.

To OP, what you want is currently not possible.
However, you can customize notifications per app. Maybe that way you can find a middle ground with what you’re looking for and what iOS offers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR