How many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini?

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know how many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini. Also what your thoughts are on it if you are using it? What other office programs have you used?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

sforsyth01#AC

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know how many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini. Also what your thoughts are on it if you are using it? What other office programs have you used?

I use it and absolutely love it. I used to use the iWork suite but my company uses office so it was a hassle. I would recommend it to anyone....and the $100/year cost is well worth it with the fact that you can share that license with 5 other people.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I mostly use it for work purposes but I love it. The subscription cost is not a factor plus I can download it on other computers, which is very helpful.

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't use it through my iPad. I also have a Surface...Office comes free with it so any busy work I need to do is done on that device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't. I have Office Mobile on my iPhone for testing purposes, but I rarely use it.

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the need. I've discovered that the iWork suite on my ipad is a good replacement and is very compatible with Microsoft Office by uploading to Google Drive. I can access my excel spreadsheets and word documents this way on my windows pc or my ipad using the different programs without paying the office subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I still use google docs for all my typing and spreadsheets. No reason going to office since I never used it on my PC. I do think I will have to use iWork for PowerPoint though.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
No MS office on my ipad, iWork instead on iPhone iPad and on MBP, with iCloud enable so I can pick it up where I left it on any of my Apple devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about getting 365 on an educational discount - $79 for 4 years (less than $20 a year).
Question for those that have it: do you need to be online to use it?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You do not need to be online to use it but you will need to be online if you keep you files in OneDrive and not on the iPad if you want to view and edit the file.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use and really enjoy it! I haven't been able to replace Office in my life and the subscription covers my fianc? and I for a Mac, PC, and two iPads. Editing in the app is pretty top notch and the experience is far better on iPad than the new Google Docs app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
For those who use Office 365, how do you initially activate it on the iPad? Do you download it from Microsoft or just open it through the individual Office apps?

co4nd

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I use it on my iPad 4th Gen, not to bad for proofing documents and some light excel work. I only downloaded because i got a subscription from work, so it's free for me. As with Windows and Mac OS X, I don't like Word much but find it easier for to use it for calibration, since everyone else I work with uses it. Excel is a must for me, I find the competition to be only adequate for very elementary tasks.

Personally I prefer text editors to word processors for writing.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you download it directly into you iPad from a Microsoft link? Or did you just go into the Word app and put your Microsoft account info in?

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I am not using MS Office for iPad, too pricey, but I did need an Office compatible suite and luckily stumbled upon a temporary free deal for OfficeSuite Pro, which is meeting most of my needs (compatibility, speed, ease of use, working with miscellaneous cloud accounts).

Other apps I tried but didn't like:

iWorks - beautiful design but modules are huge, very poor Office compatibility, Office docs comversions are slow and lossy, iCloud apps on PC are very slow, Numbers is limited a bit vs Excel. Good if you don't have to collaborate with MS Office users, don't use MS Office file types often, and aren't concerned with storage size.

CloudOn - probably the best direct compatibility with Office files, even supports macros, but slow start up and needs internet connection to do anything

QuickOffice - only good for Google Docs

Olive office - buggy

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought about using MS Office, but I have really been happy with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. I haven't had any issues and if I want to email a document, it allows me to convert it to Word or Excel. That's all I really care about.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative