How many of you use touch ID for phone unlocking?

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite features of my iPhone is Touch ID. It works flawlessly and makes life so much more convenient for me. Like others I use it for phone unlock as well as securing apps. Couldn't live without it now.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those that finds it frustrating that I can't touch to wake the screen and read the notifications like I did on my 5s. Since I got the 6s I can only do that using a finger that's not set for Touch ID

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm one of those that finds it frustrating that I can't touch to wake the screen and read the notifications like I did on my 5s. Since I got the 6s I can only do that using a finger that's not set for Touch ID

Raise to wake is amazing for that purpose. I use it all the time.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Apple should for the next iPhone rollout the feature "Smart Unlock". Another OS has it and in the small time I used it, it was very safe and secure.

One example is the phone recognizes when connected to your car Bluetooth and automatically unlocks. Or Apple Home you could set it when connected to YOUR wifi it unlocks.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Never used a password again the moment i entered the TouchID world. Best thing since sliced bread...

"Raise to wake" convenient as it is, i keep it off

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Touch ID however I have an issue!

With my 5s I could press the home button to wake the screen with the phone laying flat on the desk without unlocking it! I can do the same with my iPad mini 3

With my 6s it's impossible to wake the screen without unlocking the phone if I use a finger that's registered a finger print for Touch ID!

I know people will say raise to wake but if it's flat on a table and I want to look quickly it's more convenient to touch it than pick it up and put it down again!

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Touch ID however I have an issue!

With my 5s I could press the home button to wake the screen with the phone laying flat on the desk without unlocking it! I can do the same with my iPad mini 3

With my 6s it's impossible to wake the screen without unlocking the phone if I use a finger that's registered a finger print for Touch ID!

I know people will say raise to wake but if it's flat on a table and I want to look quickly it's more convenient to touch it than pick it up and put it down again!

Then use your little finger or press the power button!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods