How many of you use touch ID for phone unlocking?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use it for phone unlock and opening secure apps and apple pay. It's great and I would miss it if I didn't have it.

If you love the touch ID function, why are you not using it? I am confused by that. :)

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm generally lazy and I know some people have said that it can fail from time to time so you gotta type in the security password to unlock it. I just left it as "slide to unlock".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use it for phone unlock and opening secure apps and apple pay. It's great and I would miss it if I didn't have it.

If you love the touch ID function, why are you not using it? I am confused by that. :)

Exactly this! If I'm on my iPhone, I'm using the TouchID feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm generally lazy and I know some people have said that it can fail from time to time so you gotta type in the security password to unlock it. I just left it as "slide to unlock".
That's arguably due to excessive oils/grease, etcetera on the finger. Simply clean the finger and the home button and Voila!

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Good point! I'm so used to being able to go into an app through the lock screen notification (just by sliding it to the right), but I guess I gotta get used to not doing that if I'm gonna set touch ID up.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I like the Touch ID because it allows me to use a long alphanumerical passcode instead of the 6 Digit passcode and I don't need to enter it unless I don't use my device for 24 hours or I reboot it

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I used it on the 6S, and do not use it on the SE. People will tell you that you can't tell a difference in speed...IMO they are lying. I can tell a big difference. Sliding to unlock is noticeably slower on the SE. On the 6S, it's almost instantaneous.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I used it on the 6S, and do not use it on the SE. People will tell you that you can't tell a difference in speed...IMO they are lying. I can tell a big difference. Sliding to unlock is noticeably slower on the SE. On the 6S, it's almost instantaneous.

Having owned a 6 Plus and a 6s Plus I can say that there is a huge difference in responsiveness between the first and second generations of TouchID. Huge!

To respond to OP, I always use TouchID. There's really no reason not to.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use it on my 6S.
Can't wait to move to a Baby iPad Pro from my IPad Air to get it.
Using MacID on my MacBook Air. Nice App.
Good Luck

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
big proponent of it, the 6 was and still is my first iPhone that has Touch ID so I loved that ease it gives you for unlocking, entering passwords, opening certain apps, now locking your notes et cetera. That said I can tell the first gen fingerprint reader isn't as reliable for me as the second gen - so I do have to try twice or even three times often, and sometimes am forced to type in my password, which is a little frustrating (I get sweaty fingers, so I don't really blame  for that hehe).

my older sibling had a blackberry for years and now finally made the switch and got a 6S, caught him many times typing in the password at first, simply cos it was novel for him. but now he loves Touch ID as far as I can tell. just something you've got to learn.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use it to unlock the phone, on apps that offer it, app store, etc. When I check my lock screen early when I wake up, I use the power button. That prevents the phone from opening.
5 lock screen checks with a non Touch ID finger, and you must enter the passcode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal