How many of you use touch ID for phone unlocking?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I use Touch ID to do a lot more than just unlocking the iPhone. Can't think of using a device anymore without Touch ID, it will be hurt.

randallking

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I use it and find it extraordinarily helpful. It's enabled me to use a complex alphanumeric password for my phone instead of just digits. Without Touch ID, it would be too inconvenient to continually enter an alphanumeric password. With Touch ID, I only have to enter the password now and then.

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Like I said, the only thing that annoys me is that I am so used to getting into an app straight from the lock up screen (by sliding the notification to the right), and with Touch ID I gotta do that and then put my finger on the sensor and wait for it to unlock the phone. I'm not using it yet, instead I put a passcode for every 15 minutes.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, the only thing that annoys me is that I am so used to getting into an app straight from the lock up screen (by sliding the notification to the right), and with Touch ID I gotta do that and then put my finger on the sensor and wait for it to unlock the phone. I'm not using it yet, instead I put a passcode for every 15 minutes.

The only thing that would worry me about that is forgetting my phone somewhere and somebody grabbing it before requiring a passcode again. Then again, you're not Miss Daredevil for nothing!

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
The only thing that would worry me about that is forgetting my phone somewhere and somebody grabbing it before requiring a passcode again. Then again, you're not Miss Daredevil for nothing!

That's what worries me too, which is why I'm still debating whether I should just force myself to use Touch ID until I get used to it. :D

Maljunulo

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I use it for unlocking, app purchases, Apple Pay and so on, and I think it is terrific!

It enables me to have a 12 character alpha-numeric-symbolic pass code to confound intruders, and not have to type it in often.

Pcmx

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm of the minority that doesn't use it. Does it work to unlock the phone without pushing any buttons first? I swear it seemed my phone unlocked itself once and I don't know how but I'd like it to do that again :p. I like quick access to apps by sliding to the right like a "Daredevil" ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm of the minority that doesn't use it. Does it work to unlock the phone without pushing any buttons first? I swear it seemed my phone unlocked itself once and I don't know how but I'd like it to do that again :p. I like quick access to apps by sliding to the right like a "Daredevil" ;)

Do you not use a passcode at all?

dshanah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I use it, many times a day, every day. It's simply the best feature Apple have come up with in years, a massive time saver and encouragement to keep your devices secure. Touch ID was the single biggest reason for me updating my old iPhone and iPad to iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 - so I had Touch ID on both devices. I knew once I had it on one device it would be intolerable to not have it on both, and I was right.

The other thing I love is how you can now use Touch ID on the iPhone to unlock the Apple Watch too. Bloody brilliant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice