How many of U chose 4s over the 5

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my 4s to an iPhone 5 last weekend. I've gotta say I'm very apprehensive about if I'll keep it or exchange it for a 32g 4s.
When I originally switched from my Droid Incredible to my 4s I was so blown away and thoroughly impressed with it. I am not feeling the same with the 5 however. My probs with it are: its more cumbersome, the 4s is so much better to hold in my hand and use completely one-handed, its weight feels much better as well. The 5 requires two hands or shuffling the phone up and down to use. The external speaker sounds better believe it or not on my old 4s. Both Bluetooth streaming and streaming through the cable to my car seem to not sound as good with my 5. I don't find the larger screen advantageous.
But a couple reasons I'm reluctant to give it up are: LTE is so much faster than the basically unusable 3g that SE Michigan has(0.4mbps average). The phone is quite a bit quicker aka smoother than the 4s which is very nice. Finally the 5 is something different rather than using up a discount on the same albeit larger capacity phone if I got another 4s. (I'd change color too though and get black this time)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a 4 to a 5, now I did consider it for about 5 minutes. The iPhone 4S is an amazing phone worthy of its sales and compliments, what it came down was that the iPhone 5 is just better in every regard! Why take one step forward when you can take 2?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Your not going to have the same "wow" feeling cause you had the iPhone for awhile. The first time I used the 4 from a droid x I also was blown away. Now the upgrades are nice but not earth shattering. I will say I like the bigger phone and love how much lighter it is. The LTE is a plus and the phone is faster. For me it's no contest.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 4s since the initial release date, and I'm not eligible for an upgrade until May. I wouldn't think about an iPhone 5 before the jailbreak became available, and even if Verizon let's me upgrade early, I wouldn't until the 5s becomes available. While it would be nice to have access to the LTE Network, my iPhone still a just a phone, and I use my iPad 4 or laptop when I need more processing power or network speed.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The 4s is so solid both phones are great but ill just wait for the 5s/6 a little bit bigger screen and lte in certain areas is not enough my 4s still fast and Reliable

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the 4S and sold that to upgrade to the 5. I can easily say it was well worth it. Bigger screen, LTE, better camera and processor make it worth it.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk 2

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally getting more used to my 5 now. The biggest thing that helped was surprisingly, the case I had on it was making it harder to use 1 hand. I was able to find a Griffin Carbon Fiber minimalist Case for my 5 and am much much happier than with the Tech21 Impact Band I had on it at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Technically, I chose the best iPhone available at the time and it happened to be the 4S. Had the 5 been available, I would have chosen it instead. Having said that, I could not have imagined that I would enjoy the 4S so much that I would skip over the 5, but that has indeed been the case. Now will I opt to keep the 4S when the next iPhone is released, I doubt it, but you never know. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Technically, I chose the best iPhone available at the time and it happened to be the 4S. Had the 5 been available, I would have chosen it instead. Having said that, I could not have imagined that I would enjoy the 4S so much that I would skip over the 5, but that has indeed been the case. Now will I opt to keep the 4S when the next iPhone is released, I doubt it, but you never know. :)

Not to try and continue the trend but I have to say that I feel the same way and have to agree to say I will never say never but I love my 4S and it has never failed me through the latest update, never crashed on me, has given been the battery life i have expected and cannot say anything bad about it.

We shall see what the next iPhone will bring us...;)

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was due for an upgrade and instead of waiting for the 5 to arrive I took the plunge and upgraded to the 4S instead. Since I came from a 3GS I think that was a good move for me. I did feel a bit of buyers remorse when the 5 came out a month later but overall the 4S was way better than what I had before.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was due for an upgrade and instead of waiting for the 5 to arrive I took the plunge and upgraded to the 4S instead. Since I came from a 3GS I think that was a good move for me. I did feel a bit of buyers remorse when the 5 came out a month later but overall the 4S was way better than what I had before.

As long as you're happy with your device, that's all that matters...:)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
A good buddy of mine just chose the 4s. LTE and the larger screen wasn't a huge deal for him, since he hasn't had it before anyways. He saved $150 just getting the 4s instead of the 5.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I would never sign a 2 yr contract for dated technology! Sure you save a 100-150 upfront But you can make that up when you sell the latest (I5). I5 is a great device jmo!