How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I suspect that as colors run out of stock they won't be replaced.

There's been only one instance I've seen where an out of stock color was later listed as in stock. I'm thinking that part of this is to make the bands somewhat 'exclusive' or limited edition without touting them as such. There's no doubt that Apple could get as many as they want. These are far easier to produce that Watches.

Like other fashion items that change with seasons, etc., this could be to elevate the bands' position as fashion accessories and not mere commodities. Fashion is fluid.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that as colors run out of stock they won't be replaced.

There's been only one instance I've seen where an out of stock color was later listed as in stock. I'm thinking that part of this is to make the bands somewhat 'exclusive' or limited edition without touting them as such. There's no doubt that Apple could get as many as they want. These are far easier to produce that Watches.

Like other fashion items that change with seasons, etc., this could be to elevate the bands' position as fashion accessories and not mere commodities. Fashion is fluid.

In the case of the royal blue sport band I hope you're wrong.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Right, this Apple Watch band thing is getting out of hand. I have a mortgage and car note to pay. If I'm not careful, I'll own every default Apple Watch band colour, and then some.

Ugh, make it stop! The bright colours just suit me so well ;)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, I also think it is time for me to give in, and buy a Pink Woven band. Yes, I do wear pink; supporting the fight for Cancer, anyway possible...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
In the case of the royal blue sport band I hope you're wrong.

I don't blame you, and wouldn't mind if I was. Then I could get the Fog Sport band*. I'm not sure fog is truly seasonal, it's year round in SF.

But in the fashion world, the next time spring rolls around, the fashion offerings are similar but not the same as last spring. Just sayin'- if you see something you like in an Apple band, best to carpe while you can. It only takes a moment for the day to be lost.

*It's no longer listed as an option for 42mm, but it's in stock as a 38mm choice.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I only own one. The Black Sport band that came with my watch. There are only a few that's available at this time and none of the ones I really like. That's what I get for being late to the  Watch party.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Here's a quick check of availability based on local Apple Store (near me) and online Apple Store for the 42mm Sport bands:

Check availability:
Stone

Currently unavailable:
Turquoise

Sold Out:
Apricot*
Lilac*
Lavender*
Royal Blue
Vintage Rose*
Green

Some colors prompt an Within a week availability for a local Store, so I suspect they're ordering from a warehouse or another store. The 38mm bands will probably have different availability.

*These may be limited to just runs for the season, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see what comes back.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a fog sport band. Love it. I don't think it's going anywhere.

It's gone already, in 42mm from: the Apple Store, B&H, Best Buy, and Target. They still have the 38mm, and Target says the 42mm is only available in stores, but there store locator isn't working so they want me to turn on Locations Services. Maybe it'll be back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I will probably go to the Apple Store tomorrow and pick up the Black Nylon (42mm). Unless they miraculously got the Black Leather Classic and/or Black Leather Loop overnight. Anything is possible concerning Apple...LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The USA band looks awesome

Yes it does, but I don't have any plans to go to Rio in the next week. LOL

I wonder if the Apple Store in the Olympic Village have the 42mm Space Black Link Bracelet? With all that money floating around, I bet they do.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

Yes it does, but I don't have any plans to go to Rio in the next week. LOL

I wonder if the Apple Store in the Olympic Village have the 42mm Space Black Link Bracelet? With all that money floating around, I bet they do.

I didn't realize that these bands were so hard to get for the 42mm... Good luck

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I was just in my local Apple Store and the band selection was ridiculously picked over. Hoping we get new bands announced early next month at the fall iPhone event.