how long does your iPhone 4 battery typically last?

how long does your iPhone 4 battery typically last?

• Total voters

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i was more just trying to see how people got through the day with theirs, didn't want to get technical with it

figured there are probably many threads like that already ;)

people will use their phone diffenently. For example, addicts like us may or may not get through the day. We are tech geeks. Somebody else it may last them 3 days. But I understand your point :D

hiltitech

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Have been playing word with friends all day, talk for 2 hrs, numerous text, and some web surfing, facebook, twitter. Took of charger at 9 a.m and around 10:20 p.m. I still have 26% left. My HTC incredible would have had to been charged like 5 times already. LUV VIPHONE!!!!

nicnoc

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Usual day means phone of charge at 5am, busy day at work with 50+ phone calls, emails on push as not often at my desk and a few texts. Can't resist a quick facebook check every now and then with some light web surfing, listen to music on way to work and gaming. By around 8pm will need to put on charge.
I'm perfectly happy with the life i'm getting, as long as it lasts a long work day its good. Used android before and coming of charge at 5am will mean a dead battery by lunchtime!

mrgnzr

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I only sleep 4-5 hours per night and the other 19-20 hours I am a heavy user. I have to charge after 8-10 hours in order to make it through the day. With that said, it's still considerably better than my Droid X was :)

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I always charge mine every night so battery life doesn't really matter for me (as long as I can make it through the day!)...now I'm at 47%, but that's because I've been playing Words With Friends and Fruit Ninja all day...when I'm at work and don't use my phone much, by the time I go to bed it's somewhere around 65 - 80%.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I hardly make phone calls. But, on average, I can get about 14-16+ hours on my iPhone.

Then again, I don't listen to radio, or stream. I basically use Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email and browse a little...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I hardly make phone calls. But, on average, I can get about 14-16+ hours on my iPhone.

Then again, I don't listen to radio, or stream. I basically use Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email and browse a little...

That's pretty much what I have been getting with my new ViPhone 4, and I do just about the same. That works for me. I got about the same use as that out of my Droid X with the extended battery.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I get a full day of heavy use with no problems

Question ?

I charge my battery for 10 hours a night

Is this bad for the battery, can You overcharge a battery ?

allan amante

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I charge my iphone everyday.

If i will to used it intensively for gaming , it can last for at most 5-6 hours.

But , if i will to adopt battery saver approach of using iphone ( i.e turning off my 3G service and using my phone purely for calling and smsing only ) ,

The phone can last me 2 full days at least

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I get a full day of heavy use with no problems

Question ?

I charge my battery for 10 hours a night

Is this bad for the battery, can You overcharge a battery ?

No you can't overcharge your battery. There is a feature in the battery to protect against that.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, first post here. Just bought the VZW iPhone earlier this week and have been keeping a close eye on the battery. I came from the HTC Evo and had to use the extended 3500 mah battery to get acceptable battery life.

I have been charging overnight, every night. Yesterday, I made sure that it stayed unplugged all day so I could give it a proper test. I unplugged at 9:00am, and used the phone moderate-heavily (at least for my standards) all day. I used the ipod, I watched some YouTube, I did a 3G skype video call with my wife, had several phone calls and plenty of texting/email. When I went to bed at about 1:00am my battery was at 23%. I am pretty sure I could have squeezed another couple of hours out of it, but realistically, I would never use my phone this much on an average day, and I would probably have plugged it in once or twice (in the car, at my desk etc).

I have a fairly strong wireless signal most everywhere, but also use wifi for most of the day (at work and at home). I have push notifications turned on for some things, others I do not. Screen brightness is at around the middle of the slider with automatic brightness turned on.

I am pretty confident that I won't have any issues with the battery life on this phone, seems perfectly acceptable to me, especially considering all the things I can do with this phone.

Gyula Markovits

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
actually i lost mine and insurance send me a new iphone 4 4 month ago,i was impressed the batter was lasting up to 4 days in stand by,and up to 2 low usage as i have a primary phone a galaxy SIII which lasted nothing,then i sent it to repair a stop turning on and then since the battery lasted few hours ,i purchase a battery and placed and still done 9 hours and i am 33% disappointed i am pretty sure they changed my good battery when they serviced and the replacement is maybe a bad badge of batteries from china it should last like before

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2