how long does your iPhone 4 battery typically last?

how long does your iPhone 4 battery typically last?

• Total voters

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I easily get 8-10 hours a day, which I'm very pleased with. I would venture to say that "38 hours of heavy use" is a bit of an exaggeration.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Usually I can have it last over 24 hours, depending just how much i use it and what i use it for. I've only went one weekend without charging, I think it ended up near 30 hours standby, and lik 9 hours usage (was on wifi most the time, spent some of the time listening to pandora, which adds to usage time). Most the time i come home and throw it on the dock next to my bed so i don't stretch it out. I have had times where it was down to 5% 13-14 hours after I unplugged it

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My phone easily lasts over a day with my usage. The usual day I charge it when I go to bed take it off at 6AM and when I put it back to charge at 11:30-midnight it's usually at 60% or higher. I've slept over at the fiance's house which means it doesn't get charged and in the morning it's still around 50% I also don't use any of the battery sucking features push, location, notifications those are all off. My 3G is also permanently off at all times.

The Jailbreak itself has no affect on battery it's the apps you use with the jailbreak that make a difference. I've had better battery on my iPhone 4 with the JB.

rrife

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If I actually take the time to try (ie minimize use) I can easily go almost 48hrs w/o charging, otherwise (with moderate use) I can go 24 hrs. I have push data turned off and use Gmail over exchange w/ 30 minute poll intervals. The only apps w/ background notifications are Latitude and AIM.

mrNotiq

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that my battery life changes constantly. I'm aware of all of the procedues to extend the life (wifi off, bluetooth off, brightness down, etc) so that's not part of the change I notice. I've realized that my accelerometer is so off the fritz, that it's constantly reading signals that shouldnt be there.

I realized what was happening when I used the full screen browser Portal. You can't really get around the web in the app without shaking the device to bring up the "navigation portal". Sometimes, it works fine, but if I lay it down on a surface (even gently) the portal will come up and go down back and forth until I smack the phone against something.

This made me realize that this is the problem when I can't switch to landscape in Safari and other apps. This is why I (and a lot of you) have to smack the phone to get it working properly again. And this random constant triggering of the accelorometer is the reason why my battery dies faster than usual most times. I imagine.

squire

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My best day was over 12 hours with 7 hours of usage. I use a lot of minutes and usually use bluetooth, but bluetooth on the this phone kills the battery fast! That particular day, I didn't bluetooth at all... I used the earbuds instead. I also killed the apps that were running in the background as often as possible.

Wolfman-K

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW iPhone Battery Drains too fast

I have had my Verizon iPhone for two days now, and I've noticed a pretty bad battery life so far. I though it was due to push on my exchange server but I switched the iphone to poll every half hour instead of getting push to see if that has helped and it hasn't.

Today, right now it's just past 12pm EST, I took my phone off the charger just before 8AM, So just about 4 hours use and my battery indicator on the phone is at 1/4 full.

I listened to a podcast on my way into work, and checked into a couple places on foursquare but thats about it for usage. It's received email and I have followed some email links to web sites but I haven't sent any email on it, no gaming, no video, thats it.

WiFi is off, brightness is turned way down too.

I'm beginning to think I have a dud battery.... :(

What do you think?

Update: At 12:35pm it reported less than 20% remaining battery, so 4.5 hours normal/light use I estimate 5 hours to dead. This can't be right I think I may have to swing by a VZW store tomorrow and see if I can get an exchange.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Probably 6 -7 hours of usage. I don't really let my phones go all the way down
anyway. I'm constantly topping my battery off whenever I can. I got chargers
all over the place. I could hang myself if I put all the cables together if I so desired :p

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Mine varies a ridiculous amount depending on location, with moderate usage. At home, with wifi on (voice connection is stable, but data is rare inside), my battery seems to be invincible almost. At college though it sucks, barely makes it through the day. My college is on a hill so a lot of the buildings are part underground and I (and almost everyone) have hard time keeping signals in a lot of classrooms, etc. which just destroys the battery when the phone is struggling to find a connection. Wifi doesn't really help either because the coverage is sporadic, so it's also constantly draining the battery (plus its super slow anyway).

So I get like both ends of the spectrum, really good and pretty bad, unfortunate, because I'm on campus most months of the year.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This poll should have been usage time. Total time doesnt matter

i was more just trying to see how people got through the day with theirs, didn't want to get technical with it

figured there are probably many threads like that already ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR