How long do you wait before getting a new iPad?

rogerfromco

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought an iPad 2 about 6 months after release and just updated to an Air2 last month. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and 8.0.1 broke my iPad 2.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
It's coming up on 4 years on my 3rd Gen. iPad. Thinking of replacing next year, but will hold out a bit longer to see if rumors of a larger sized iPad are correct.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Still having ipad 3 for home usage. And also new s tab 10.5 which i had not touch yet. Basically tablet is share. Only start using ipad 3 recently again.

Regular using 6 plus.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought my iPad Air last spring and I was very happy with it, didn't plan on upgrading, but my husband was using an iPad 4 and when I suggested he get the Air 2, he said "No, you get it, I'll use your iPad Air.
So I ended up with a brand new Air 2 just last month.
Normally, my decisions on upgrading are based on my needs.
Right now I don't believe I'll need to upgrade for another 2 years.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPad 1, 2, and 3. I wanted the extra RAM, cameras, and thinner and lighter design of the 2, and the retina display and extra RAM in the 3.

The 4 came out 6 months after the 3 did, so I was aggravated and didn't upgrade. Plus it didn't really have anything I cared about.

I would have upgraded to the Air, but it felt almost hollow and kind of cheap for some reason.

By the time the Air 2 came out, it was time to upgrade. My 3 was painfully laggy and the Air 2 felt great. Plus I wound up converting from black to white starting with my iPhone 5s, so I wanted a silver iPad. I don't imagine I'll upgrade to the next one but who knows. The next iPad that makes my Air 2 feel antiquated will probably be what I upgrade to.

Pat Fraser

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I am about to get a new iPad in October when the new models come out. This will replace my iPad 3 rd gen. But I need to know...does putting my Apple ID and password in the new device immediately transfer all my data from the old device to the new one? If not, how do I go about doing that?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the itch to try android tablets again which I caved last year selling my iPad Air for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition then got the tab S 10.5 then got my current iPad Air 2. Assuming I don't cave in the iPad Air 2 will probably be my only full sized tablet for the foreseeable future unltil it breaks or is sluggish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IanRip

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I am about to get a new iPad in October when the new models come out. This will replace my iPad 3 rd gen. But I need to know...does putting my Apple ID and password in the new device immediately transfer all my data from the old device to the new one? If not, how do I go about doing that?

First thing is to make sure you’ve backed up all the data you wish to keep, either on the iOS device using iCloud backup or on your PC-MAC using itunes etc, make sure you’ve highlighted the items you want to back in the iCloud section, contacts, calendar, safari or anything else.

Once that’s done you can sign into any other Ios device with your apple id(icloud) and it should all beam back into the new device, it should take too long 10-15 mins depending on your connection-signal speed

i do it most years and touch wood the contacts stay, the Photos app is now better at it as well

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

If you back your iPad up to iCloud and then restore your future iPad from that backup, then yes. But if you have more than 5GB worth of stuff to back up, you'll need to pay extra for more iCloud storage. The best and fastest way to restore it would be through iTunes on a computer.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I won an iPad first gen through work and had it for a few years. I sold it for an iPad mini first gen when it came out and still have it. I'll probably wait for the next iPads to come out to see what I'm upgrading to. I like the mini but also like the size of the iPad Air and may get the next one that is released.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I went from the original iPad, then iPad 2, iPad mini and now I have the iPad Air 2. So I upgrade quite a lot lol

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I get a new iPad every year through my job. However, if I were paying for them I wouldn't upgrade unless I started to see some major performance issues. For what I use my iPad for, I really could keep it and be happy for a few years. I will say this, I know a lot of people that get a new one every year because they are able to sell their old iPad and get a lot of money back to use to put against the cost of a new iPad. So they end up paying just a fraction of the cost every year. And they are always current then. Great thing about Apple products is that the resale value is pretty high.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I really love my Air 2 and wasn't planning on upgrading except my husband would like totake advantage of the multitasking features coming up with IOS 9, so he would like to get my Air 2... Which means I'll be getting the newest one, hehehe...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I really love my Air 2 and wasn't planning on upgrading except my husband would like totake advantage of the multitasking features coming up with IOS 9, so he would like to get my Air 2... Which means I'll be getting the newest one, hehehe...

You are lucky.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods