How I've been using my Apple devices lately

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
A good friend of mine was in surgery a few days ago, to fix a chronic issue in his foot. He's immobilized for several weeks, lives alone, in his 70s.
So a group of friends got together to organize his post op care.
As luck would have it, most of us are using Apple devices.

iMessage is fantastic. We have a shared and synched calendar for his food, meds and time spent moving around, and to organize who stays at his house overnight, when, and who stays next.
We share notes and to do lists to stay current on who was there, did what, what's needed for when, etc.
Organize car pooling for his post op appointments.
Even share photos for laughs, or to be more detailed in a bunch of info we're sharing to all connect and take care of him.
The other day he took a video of his post op appointment and sent it to the whole group.

Could we do this with Android or Blackberry? Possibly.
But I am pretty sure that being on IOS makes organizing things a lot easier and more efficient.
When I drove him to his post op, I had no idea where I was going but the address was in my contacts so a map popped up on the calendar entry and went to turn by turn directions so I could get him there without stressing, and when another friend picked him up, he just saw our location in an iMessage and got there on time with directions.

It's just easy. Whichever device I'm using, iPhone, iPad, itouch or Macbook, everything flows from one device to the next, there hasn't been any glitches to hamper the support system we created. Oh, and I've got plenty of battery life left at the end of the day even though I'm using my iPhone and iPad a lot more than usual, lately.

And that's exactly what I was looking for in my mobile devices. It's so easy I almost feel lazy. ALMOST. :biggrin:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
thats a great story and you are clearly a good friend. Its nice to see that there are still good people in this world- You watch the news and it is very disheartening. Have a great holiday

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding!, and thank you for sharing your story with us. Those of us who prefer Apple products enjoy reading information like that. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to you, your family and your friends. ;)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That's a FANTASTIC use case that shows how useful the platform is.
And you're all AWESOME friends. Great post to read on a Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, whichever you celebrate this time of year!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
All platform "rivalries" aside, what you do with what you've got is amazing. Its great to know that in this year we not only do we have a way of making things work but have multiple and each works for each person. Its 2014 and having the tools to do something like this is such a wonderful thing.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If there were a good citizen award out there you definitely deserve it. A true friend indeed.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73