How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
This post-Sandy mess has given me a real opportunity to see how bad the iPhone 5 is on cell without wifi. We have no power, hence no wifi. If I charge my iPhone up to full and turn off cell data, it stays at 100% overnight, once I turn cell data on it stops dropping at a pace that will give me 4-5 hours max usage on cell. Now I realize the cell towers around us right now are messed up and overtaxed, but this proves (as if we didn't have enough empirical data before in this thread) that the cell radio in the iPhone 5 draws way too much battery (even with LTE off). BTW, my wife's iPhone 4s, in the same environment is doing WAY better with the same iffy cell service...

Has anyone updated to 6.0.1 and can verify that it addresses this problem (too many conflicting comments in the 6.0.1 update thread, and too many issues of problems for me to be screwing around with an update while I don't have regular house phone service, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

RRF785

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is mine. Some LTE use, some talk and some HSPA+. I have to work at killing the battery which is good. Not sure how well I stack up with the others. You guys can be the judge.

D1F2A8CA-E9C3-4B80-B934-AAF55483E7DE-1860-000000CCCD24F7EA.jpg

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
This post-Sandy mess has given me a real opportunity to see how bad the iPhone 5 is on cell without wifi. We have no power, hence no wifi. If I charge my iPhone up to full and turn off cell data, it stays at 100% overnight, once I turn cell data on it stops dropping at a pace that will give me 4-5 hours max usage on cell. Now I realize the cell towers around us right now are messed up and overtaxed, but this proves (as if we didn't have enough empirical data before in this thread) that the cell radio in the iPhone 5 draws way too much battery (even with LTE off). BTW, my wife's iPhone 4s, in the same environment is doing WAY better with the same iffy cell service...

Has anyone updated to 6.0.1 and can verify that it addresses this problem (too many conflicting comments in the 6.0.1 update thread, and too many issues of problems for me to be screwing around with an update while I don't have regular house phone service, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

The battery life is the exact same to me. I exchanged my iPhone 5 for a new one yesterday because of a pixel issue, and this battery is the exact same as well. It's great on Wi-Fi but it burns quick on 3G/LTE. Mine burns about one percent every two minutes of browsing on 3G/LTE. Nothing seems to actually change this unless it's 2G and I'm not browsing.

My Bluetooth is off. My Wi-Fi is off. My screen brightness is on auto-bright (if you keep it on the dimmest it actually saves a lot of battery, but it's usually not a good environment to. Changing stuff such as Traffic, Compass Collaboration, Location Based iAds doesn't seem change anything (or the change is too minimal to really notice). My iCloud isn't syncing anything but Find my iPhone is on. Location Services are on for Siri, Weather, Maps and Find my iPhone. I only use Push Notifications for stuff I use. I'll turn off LTE unless I'm in an environment where I know I'll get 3+ bars of LTE.

For email, it's interesting. I changed my email to manual instead of push and I actually noticed no difference in battery life. I get pretty good standby time, but it's my usage that's been alarming sometimes. I get a good 5hrs 30mins on a good, non Wi-Fi day, but about an hour and a half of that is listening to music.

I used only Wi-Fi once and had the screen at it's dimmest. I used LTE for like an hour and a half but most of that was standby. I ended up getting 1 day and 12 hours of stanby and 9.5 hours of usage with 5% remaining.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Everyone I've talked to has said their battery life is horrible. Mine is ok. I took it off the charger at 6:00 this morning and 5 hours later I'm at 46% and I've been using it quite a bit. At this pace I'll get 10 hours. I can't complain. As Phil says, be a man, charge your device! :)

M7mdAA

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So after a few cycles, here's my new battery life. On 3G since LTE still hasn't been launched in my area.
dada6asa.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352224031.631015.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352224031.631015.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 63

MANdroidd

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
battery life seems pretty consistent with whats advertised. With the bigger screen I've been gaming a lot and that kills the battery though. waiting for some battery cases to come out so i can have marathon gaming sessions on the go.

Strdx

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My battery was pretty bad during the first days of use, now it seems the battery has become very decent. Today I have 5.35 hours on usage and 13.41 hours standby and 28% remaining.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
edane2er.jpg

Low LTE/3G signal all day and wifi on whole time, off for maybe 2 hours. Pretty impressed with heavy usage.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352266072.299487.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352266072.299487.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Even though I haven't really used it, I'm impressed that going into my bedtime that I don't need a charger. Maybe it's the lack of music I've been doing today ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352337094.270121.jpg

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Some of the day was over LTE, some was over (spotty) Wi-Fi, and some was over 3G. About 1.5-2 hours of music playback, although I did browse while listening for some of that time (usually over LTE). Hopefully 6.1 is able to squeeze out a little more.

Attachments

• iphone52batterystats1.png
    iphone52batterystats1.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 34

L3PT

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone battery life is terrible. I'm coming from the iPhone 4S & the Nokia Lumia 900.
I must say I got to walk with my charger everywhere and it's alway plugged into my car.
4-5hrs of battery life is not even exceptional when my Nokia Lumia 900 gives me almost 8-9hrs with out charging durning the day.
I really love my iPhone 5 but the battery sucks!!!

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone battery life is terrible. I'm coming from the iPhone 4S & the Nokia Lumia 900.
I must say I got to walk with my charger everywhere and it's alway plugged into my car.
4-5hrs of battery life is not even exceptional when my Nokia Lumia 900 gives me almost 8-9hrs with out charging durning the day.
I really love my iPhone 5 but the battery sucks!!!

Iphone 5 battery is very very good.all you have to do is turn off your location services(except maps,facebook,only important services)and make sure you put your auto brightness OFF and set to half or lower.do that and let is know if it works.heres mine over 15 hours without charging with light use.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1352607567.348355.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1352607567.348355.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 103

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
All of yesterday on Wi-Fi (except 6.5 hours of standby and 30 mins of usage) and I'm getting solid usage and standby time.

Attachments

• iphone52batterystats2.png
    iphone52batterystats2.png
    108 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77