How is the thickened font?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone mention this, if they did and I missed it sorry. But I saw on Business Insider of all places that beta 3 changes the font on iOS 7 to a thicker version.

What do you iOS 7 beta 3 users think of it?

JONY IVE CHANGES HIS MIND: Apple Makes One Of The Biggest Changes Ever To Beta iPhone Software - Business Insider

Yes... the font is the same (Helvetica Neue), but beta 3 uses the "normal" weight, vs the "light" weight of the font, as seen in beta 1 & 2. It does help readability significantly, IMHO.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad they changed this (just going off what I've seen and read since I don't have iOS 7)...the light version was just too thin! I still dislike the font and think the readability is poor, but it's a step in the right direction.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought the previous beta font was too thin. I haven't seen the new thicker font. But I'll probably like it more.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I preferred the thinner weight font... now it's looking a bit less "different and new"... more like the old OS...

we should have a choice in settings on font weight...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I preferred the thinner weight font... now it's looking a bit less "different and new"... more like the old OS...

we should have a choice in settings on font weight...

I’m still on the fence with with which font I like better ... but yeah, I could support the choice being a configuration option.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking it a lot more than the original iOS 7 font. Like others have said it improves readability. I also happen to think it looks nicer, too.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Either font works for me. I'd love to have a toggle for the lighter font. I'm assuming apple is listening to its customers as many have griped about the readability with the lighter font. Was never an issue for me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's something that had to be done. Guacho is spot on with his assessment. It's
very much so more readable. Especially on a non-retina display on something
like the iPad Mini.

aidenh

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
For me its not a big issue, but I did like the thinner font in beta 1 & 2. It just added to the new look of the OS. To me the thicker font reminds me too much of the older OS versions. But like a couple of people have said, an option to change the font weight would be nice.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I prefered the thin font for the sexy look. I personally don't notice a difference in readability as I had no problems what so ever with that but I totally understand why they changed it and agree with it. Design must not come before usability. Specially not on iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox