How is actual battery life of the Nintendo Switch when not connected to the dock?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
For those who have had the Switch for a while, how is the actual battery life when not connected to the dock? I think I would be using it more mobile than docked if I can get one at some point. I really want one, if only for Breath of the Wild.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: How is actual battery life?

For those who have had the Switch for a while, how is the actual battery life when not connected to the dock? I think I would be using it more mobile than docked if I can get one at some point. I really want one, if only for Breath of the Wild.

That's good to know.... you'd think it would be a decent amount compared to smaller units like the 2DS/3DS XL.

diegohv

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

According to some reviews, the Switch's battery life will range from 2.5 hours up to 6 hours, depending on the graphics requirements of the game being played.

SteveO1128

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Interesting, that's a wide range. I'm sure there must be car adapters and everything already too for playing on longer car trips.

grimalkin64

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been able to get around 2 to 3 hours battery life on the Switch and lost track of how long the battery life is on the Joyce's. Suffice to say, Joycon battery life is much better than the console itself.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
It really depends on the game.
Compare it asking how long your phone battery lasts.
There are so many variables it's hard to say exactly but my friends get at least a few hours for every charge.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I'd recommend you get one of those things that converts the cigarette lighter to an outlet and use that to charge.
That way you'll have a full day of gaming guaranteed!