How easy is the switch from Android to iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Contemplating making the switch but am paranoid about the process. Will I lose my apps? What about my contacts and photos? How easy is the switch?

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, yes making the switch is easier than it used to be, your contacts are on Google I assume, therefore if you set up a Google account on iPhone all your contacts will then be on your iPhone, saving your photo's to a PC or Mac the dropping them into iCloud means that you will not loose them, I moved from Windows phone to iPhone, I have never regretted it, though I did like the integration of Windows phone with PC, I now have a MacBook too and I still move things from PC to Mac to iOS.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The switch is relatively easy. Apple has an app on the Play Store "Move to iOS;" this will move your contacts, photos, etc. over to iOS. Most of your Android apps likely have an iOS version, though you will have to buy the Apple version. You can check online to see the Apple version of apps, or new apps you might like, either at [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]this link[/URL] or from iTunes; including how much the app may cost (or if it is free).

If you live near an Apple store, you can make an appointment at the store for them to help you set up your new iPhone and to explain various features.

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
The switch is relatively easy. Apple has an app on the Play Store "Move to iOS;" this will move your contacts, photos, etc. over to iOS. Most of your Android apps likely have an iOS version, though you will have to buy the Apple version. You can check online to see the Apple version of apps, or new apps you might like, either at [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]this link[/URL] or from iTunes; including how much the app may cost (or if it is free).

If you live near an Apple store, you can make an appointment at the store for them to help you set up your new iPhone and to explain various features.

I'll add to this the only things you'll lose are paid games and apps.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Contemplating making the switch but am paranoid about the process. Will I lose my apps? What about my contacts and photos? How easy is the switch?
Welcome to iMore and thanks for the question :) Don't forget to sign up if you have some free time.

I think switching between platforms is becoming easier and easier every year. There will be about a 1 week learning period since not everything is in the same place but I'm sure you will get the hang of it in no time.

Unfortunately Yes, you will lose all your Apps. This happened to me when I switched from Blackberry 10. Hopefully you didn't have to many paid apps.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Christmas Day 2016 an article was posted here at iMore that covered that very topic:

How to move your photos, contacts, and more from Android to iPad and iPhone

I've used it a few times getting friends and family from Android to iOS and it worked fine.

combined for "best answer"

Thomaswarrior

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Yes, you will lost your App, especially the WhatsApp messages.
But good news is you can easily transfer other data. If your iPhone is brand new, the first choice is install the "Move to iOS" in your Android device, and in your iPhone you will see the option of "Move data from Android" in the set up screen, then begin you transfer of contacts, messages, photos, camera roll to iOS.
Besides,Google Drive, Google calendar and Gmail are avaliable in iOS, so you can sync your documents, calendar, etc.
If you need a convenient way, try this to transfer data from Android to iPhone.

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So easy to do these days. I have a 7 Plus and a Galaxy S8 Plus. I find it very easy to transfer data between the two devices. It's a lot less complicated than it use to be.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner