How does roaming look like on the iPhone 5?

Vans195

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys im new to this forum and im gong to leave the country tomorrow and only had a phone for a year and first time going out the country.. So how does roaming look like on the iPhone 5?
Will i get a text or something or what. I have been told to leave Data Roaming and i shouldn't incur any roaming charges.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello Guys im new to this forum and im gong to leave the country tomorrow and only had a phone for a year and first time going out the country.. So how does roaming look like on the iPhone 5?
Will i get a text or something or what. I have been told to leave Data Roaming and i shouldn't incur any roaming charges.

What carrier do you have ? I have not seen it but I'm sure you will have a diff icon on the top of your screen telling you that you are roaming

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

cjordan93

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon so obviously this may be a bit different for you. When I went to Jamaica this summer as soon as my plane touched down I received 3 text messages from Verizon telling me I am now roaming and will be charged certain rates and what not. I already had my data roaming turned off because of the terribly high cost. My iPhone was set to CDMA roam at the time so my phone displayed Roaming instead of Verizon. Later, for better service, I flipped the switch to change from CDMA roaming to GSM roaming and my phone then displayed DIGICEL which was the network I was connected to there.

To be safe, as soon as you land I would assume you are roaming and the applicable fees will apply.

Vans195

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes ok currently roaming on AT&T . I have the DATA OFF. As Incoming texts and Calling Rogers said it was free. So I have nothing to worry about they said. They said if you text or call someone you can track your costs easy.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR