• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How do you like your iPad Pro? Worth it?

artiss

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought the iPad pro for a couple of reasons. The first reason I purchased the iPad Pro was because of my vision impairment. I had an iPad Air 2, but always wanted a bigger screen. Now with the pro and screen magnification, I am able to use this device quite easily. I can zoom in text to quite a large size and still have a lot of screen real-estate. Now, if iOS would fix some of the accessibility features it would be perfect :).

The second reason I purchased this was for my daughter. She loves to draw, and I wanted her to experience the pencil and digital drawing. She loves it!

So for those reasons, I love it!

ex2bot

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I stopped using my MacBook Pro for the most part three or four years ago. iPads are more portable, both to carry and to use anywhere. I tried an iPad mini, but I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need bifocals. The mini was too small.

So, I bought the (12.9") Pro about a month ago. It's portable enough to use anywhere, fast enough that I don't miss my laptop and powerful enough for web browsing and typing. I use Pages, and I've typed a 60,000 word document using the on-screen keyboard.

If I was in more of a hurry, I'd use a Bluetooth keyboard. The Pro makes that more practical because the screen is big enough to use like a laptop. I tried using a keyboard with the 10" iPad but the screen was too small from that distance.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think that it is totally worth it. While a bit on the big size it is very easy to get used to. I haven't used my MacBook Pro very much at all since I got this machine.

highway61

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Pro for only a few days and I am glad I went with it. My previous iPad was an Air, I had thought of getting the smaller Pro when it was announced since I wasn't sure about the size of the original Pro. I find that I am adjusting to it pretty easily. I like the extra screen space. I am glad that I opted for the larger Pro.

I got the Logitech Create case for it and like it. The keyboard is great, feels good, and it is backlit.

I just got the Pencil and haven't used it much. I have used it for note taking in OneNote and Paper and like the experience. I like that it is searchable. Don't know how many times I frantically flipped through pages of notes trying to find information.

Overall, I am very pleased with it and find the size more of a plus than a minus.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I purchased the iPad Pro with intentions on putting my laptop to the side and using this as my sole device for personal, school and a little business. Thus far it has been successful for everything I've needed and I haven't had any hiccups yet. I plan on getting the Pencil soon with hopes that it will allow me to do away with a notebook while in class as well and go completely electronic. The communication between my iPad and my iPhone, the Google Docs/Drive integration and the accessories have all made this transition pretty nice. I must admit, I'm really pleased with my purchase. So far so good.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
VERY WORTH it.. And I LOVE it..
Huge difference IMO compared to the Air 2.
Having both the Smart Keyboard and the Apple Pencil is really a plus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman