How do you delete recent contacts in your text history

kled831

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
One of the new updates for the iPhone allows you to open up a message, and when you type in a letter for the first name, it will show every contact with that letter and "recent" messages (even ones who you haven't talked to in years)...on the side of the names no longer in your contact list is a little "i" with a circle around it, click that and it will say "remove from recent list" click that and their gone forever :)

Great update because that's been bugging me for a LONG time

Janine Brunetti

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
When you see their name, on the right of it, there's an "i" in a circle. Click on it and they'll be an option to "Delete recents" Select that and it's gone!

Danie Schwartz

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have pretty much always thought there was no solution to this, until today. My boyfriend asked about the circle i next to the numbers that showed up (like information). I had never thought to press it, but I did. At the very bottom it has a red button that says "remove from recent lists". That fixed all my problems. It was crazy considering I had been at verizon today trying to figure it out and the guy said there was no solution except to reset. Try this and it will work! Seriously. Love my boyfriend at the moment for this great fix. a

Angel Kennedy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes!
Click (i) on the right
Click "remove from recents"
A circle is to the right of that contact with an (i). It's not there for the other contacts...only the one deleted but saved in the recent memory & still displaying.

Grecoberg

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, you can totally delete recent numbers from appearing in texts etc. If someone has changed there phone number recently and you don't want their old number popping up each time you go to message them etc.

Go to compose a text on your iPhone --> Then you will see a list of names pop up before you select the recipient of your text message --> there will be some that are greyed out (most likely those deleted but still remaining in your "recents" --> one by one click the "i" next to the numbers you wish to remove from recents. --> after that it will bring you to a screen where you can simply select "remove from recents" and it will no longer show up

Hope this helps!

Sherry Fischer

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a very old thread, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere online (which surprised me). All the answers I found said that it couldn't be done at all or that I would have to resart my phone & basically lose everything from my phone.

Anyway, I finally figured it out yesterday (I don't like seeing my ex's name pop up either) ;)

Click like you are going to start a new text, when you input the first letter of their name, a list of people pops up (that has that letter ANYWHERE in their name), scroll down to their name, there is an "i" icon to the right, click on that icon. There is a "remove from recents" listed, click that & poof, they are gone forever (yay!).

I have a 4S, so yours might be a little different. I hope this works for you!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, all iPhones on iOS 7 will show the (i) beside a number or email address. The exception are your contacts. Their number and email address will not show the (i).

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Megan Bridgewater

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently used my boyfriends iphone because mine was broke. I used my icloud ect.. when my phone arrived putting my sim back in and re installing my icloud ect.. i realised my boyfriends contacts are saved in my phone, i deleted them all, then when i came to type a new message i put a letter in of the person i wanted to contact and my boyfriends EX's ipad email address came up, it says RECENT! How recent are these?? How long do they save for? Keeping in mind, i used his phone, i never had his exs number before...

Thank Megg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
First delete your ex from your phone book/contact list.

Then go to new text compose, when you see her name listed, you will notice a exclamation mark next to it, simply tap it and you will be able to delete it

Kurt Kessel

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Here is the answer you've been looking for , In your text message thread tap edit then remove numbers you no longer want, I like many of you wound up here because I was looking for the answer to this and had so much problem logging into site while trying to log into sight I received a text from a friend while text message screen was open I observed an edit feature and tapped on it, then had option to remove all that I did not want

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Here is the answer you've been looking for , In your text message thread tap edit then remove numbers you no longer want, I like many of you wound up here because I was looking for the answer to this and had so much problem logging into site while trying to log into sight I received a text from a friend while text message screen was open I observed an edit feature and tapped on it, then had option to remove all that I did not want

That's deleting text messages. TS wants do delete recipients history. That's something total different

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro