How do you delete recent contacts in your text history

Oliver789

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Basically as my title says, I've deleted my ex's contact but when I go to create a new text message her number drops down as "recent - other"! How do I delete this number from my other contacts?
Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a 100% sure because I've never had this problem. It may be similar to the email history where you type a name and it display's contacts you previously emailed. On the iPhone there is no way to clear it so if it is the same issue you're out of luck. Try taking a screen cap so we can see what is happening to determine if it is something different altogether.

Oliver789

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Basically it's when you go to type in a number when you create a new text message... A list of recently texted numbers show up and I've no idea how to delete them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 262

Oliver789

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh right that's a bit rubbish!! I don't even know why those numbers show up because I've texted loads of other numbers who aren't on my contacts and they haven't shown up

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The ONLY way to remove this data from your phone, is to restore your phone as a new device in iTunes, NOT from backup. You either do that, or you must "live with it", as there is currently no way to edit this data on any iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Please Fausty, can u explain how to RESTORE PHONE AS A NEW DEVICE? I'm new iphone user so i don't know what u mean.

Here's a link from Apple's website: iOS: How to back up your data and set up as a new device

Basically, you hook you phone up to your computer/iTunes and choose the Set Up as New option... but be advised, when you do this EVERYTHING on your phone will be wiped and replaced with a pristine copy of the latest version of iOS for your device.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya no way except a fresh start and install although a ex might be worth it for most its not

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Danny Goldstein

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Dude keep in mind that even if you wipe your iPhone clean and all those un wanted numbers are gone now along with your data the moment you delete another number the same problem will still be there that number you try to delete will show up and same problem will be there do decide if its really worth deleting everything for

ryanlawrence171

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Go to the contacts again check whether the number is still available in your contact list, if its there then delete it again and restart your phone that contact will be removed.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Go to the contacts again check whether the number is still available in your contact list, if its there then delete it again and restart your phone that contact will be removed.

The OP's issue isn't for email addresses or phone numbers in the contact list. It’s for email addresses/phone numbers that are NOT in the contact list, but that show up in the address field for emails/text messages. These are email addresses/phone numbers that may previously have been in the contacts list OR may have been manually entered. There is no way to delete these "phantom" email addresses/phone numbers short of setting the phone up as new. But as Daddy Goldstein correctly added, as soon as you enter another entry or delete a person from your contact list whom you have emailed/texted previously, that email address/phone number becomes a phantom entry. #latherRinseRepeat

ettaj

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything you all have suggested! and 4 old txt phone numbers still live on my txt list. They have all been deleted from my contact lists weeks ago arrrggghhhh yet the still pop up when crafting txt msgs

:mad:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything you all have suggested! and 4 old txt phone numbers still live on my txt list. They have all been deleted from my contact lists weeks ago arrrggghhhh yet the still pop up when crafting txt msgs

:mad:

The only way is to set your device up as new and NOT restore it from a backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods