How do you delete a city from the Yahoo weather app?

I

iMore Question

how does one delete a city for the yahoo weather app on the iphone. I have three cities I want to delete. I could do it before but not now.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Down towards the bottom of the weather all you will see 3 dots with lines. this is display all locations.,

Just swipe from right to left. you will be given the choice to delete.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
how to delete a city from weather app

hyquqagu.jpg

una2ara4.jpg

If indeed you did say Yahoo top left corner there are 3 short lines that if tapped will review another screen where you will see 'Edit Locations' and tapping on that will reveal the locations that you can tap the minus where it will give you your choice of what to delete. You can add from there too by hitting the + sign.

Last edited:

Byron Davis1

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do you delete a city from the Yahoo weather app

HERE IN DETAIL IS HOW TO DELETE A CITY ON THE WEATHER APP FOR AN APPLE IPHONE 4S.

1. Turn on your phone and tap the weather app. A list of cities you added will appear.
2. Hold your phone in your left hand. Put your right index finger on the right side of the screen beside the city you want to delete.
3. Slowly move your right index finger to the left. "DELETE" will appear. Tap delete.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What you put there seems to work for all the cities except for the first city. Do you know why?
The first is your current location. It was not added in like the others. It uses location services to pinpoint your location. But there should be a toggle to the right to turn it on/off.

hirepower

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi John:

This is unrelated to the thread: re: deleting locations, but I could not find another way to post. Apologies if this creates confusion and appreciate in advance any help you might be able to provide...

I have an Android phone - Samsung Note 4. I like the Yahoo Weather app - in all, it works well and I find it visually accessible. One problem for me is that after receiving a severe weather alert for cities other than my home location, I am unable to remove the alert unless i uninstall and reinstall the app. I AM able to minimize the alert by opening the warning and 'x' ing it out. This changes, but does not delete, the notification to a red icon just under the name of the city.

When I say I can't get rid of the alerts, i mean I REALLY can't get rid of them(lol). To recap, I had one alert that was 28 days old, along with other alerts for other cities, so I uninstalled/installed and that temporarily solved the problem. But now I again have minimized alerts for 3 of my 6 locations. These alerts are 6 days or older. Thoughts?