How do i wipe my iphone 6s clean

I

iMore Question

How do i wipe my iphone 6s clean. It is stuck in disabled now.

Adramyttium

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Here's what you can do:

1. Attach your device to your mac/pc, and put the device into recovery mode. Press and hold the power and home buttons simultaneously. When the device shuts down, let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button. The device should boot to recover.
  2. Perform a restore with iTunes. It will prompt you to do this when it automatically detects that the device is in recovery mode and attached to your computer.

danredon

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Since iOS 7, you cannot restore iPhone which had "Find My iPhone" enabled and linked to the user's iCloud account. Unless of course you have the iCloud account password. Another option would be to go to the Apple Store and explain the situation (i.e. company phone not belonging to employee who left etc.). They might be able to do something about it.

If you need to wipe your iphone clean, just try safewiper iPhone data eraser, which can help you erase everything from iPhone.
http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/delete-everything-on-iphone.html

Last edited:

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Since iOS 7, you cannot restore iPhone which had "Find My iPhone" enabled and linked to the user's iCloud account. Unless of course you have the iCloud account password. Another option would be to go to the Apple Store and explain the situation (i.e. company phone not belonging to employee who left etc.). They might be able to do something about it.

He wants to wipe it clean, not just restore it. I think if he follows the recovery mode advice he should be good to go.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
He wants to wipe it clean, not just restore it. I think if he follows the recovery mode advice he should be good to go.

The prior poster was just stating that the password associated with the Apple ID would be required in order to gain access to the device if Find My iPhone were turned on, which is a true. Nonetheless, this thread was opened in November so I'm sure OP has figured it out by now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151