How do I upgrade to the new 3.0 OS next week while on vacation?

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'll be in Hawaii on vacation next week, but would like to upgrade to the new OS 3.0 on the 17th. I'll have my laptop with me, but I'm finding out that you can't sync with iTunes via two different sources - my PC has iTunes installed and is where I primarily sync.

Is there any way I can upgrade next week using my laptop?:confused:

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Sources meaning internet ?
I haven't heard of that however, as long as you do everything from the same computer I'm sure you will be fine.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'll be in Hawaii on vacation next week, but would like to upgrade to the new OS 3.0 on the 17th. I'll have my laptop with me, but I'm finding out that you can't sync with iTunes via two different sources - my PC has iTunes installed and is where I primarily sync.

Is there any way I can upgrade next week using my laptop?:confused:

That won't be a problem. I sync my iPhone with my Mac at home. When I've been on travel, and an update has been released, I've downloaded the update to my Windows laptop and updated the OS.

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
There is a tutorial on iClarified on how to sync an iPhone with two pcs, by finding an XML reference number and changing an xml file on the second pc. I am not sure if you could trick your phone into thinking it was your pc and update from that? I guess you woudl just choose not to sync anything, then update teh OS. Let me know if you try.

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
That won't be a problem. I sync my iPhone with my Mac at home. When I've been on travel, and an update has been released, I've downloaded the update to my Windows laptop and updated the OS.

Ummm....how exactly? iTunes seems to want to run on a single source (like my home PC) and not on two different sources (home PC AND laptop).

Both machines are running Vista.

JBHII

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
There is a tutorial on iClarified on how to sync an iPhone with two pcs, by finding an XML reference number and changing an xml file on the second pc. I am not sure if you could trick your phone into thinking it was your pc and update from that? I guess you woudl just choose not to sync anything, then update teh OS. Let me know if you try.

Do you have a direct link? All I see there is jailbreak tutorials....which I'm not interested in doing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyWashington