How do I update my iPhone 5 from 10.3.4 to 14.5 If it says my iPhone is up to date

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
As others have aptly said, your iPhone model/age puts it beyond new OS support. And I believe your model is also outside the window of receiving security patches (though I’m not 100% certain). IPhones beyond OS support but still receive security updates can continue to be used. Whether apps/features continue to work will be on a case by case basis though compatibility will get worse as months go on. However, if your iPhone is also beyond seeing security patch versions, I urge you to get a new iPhone. Once security vulnerabilities are no longer patched, it is imho too much of a security risk to be connecting the iphone to the internet.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Your iPhone 5 is technically obsolete, although It will still do some things, it won’t update iOS any more. Keep the phone with some charge on board, In an emergency it’ll do as a comms device.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If there is an older version of the app on the App Store that will work on your older iPhone. I believe the App Store will give you a pop up that lets you download the older version of the app. The older app needs to be made available by the app developer, though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods