How do I uninstall Soundflower on my Yosemite Macbook?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
how to unsintall this on my yosemite macbook ?

Once I installed airplay app on my macbook, and automatically it installed another app called soundflower (related to sound). I uninstall the airplay app along with the soundflower app. Lately I found out that this soundflower still attached to my sound setting. If I use headphone, it automatically select to the soundflower output, and the same case if I use the macbook internal speaker.

Anyone can please advise me how to delete this sunflower app from my sound setting ?

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 00.41.50.png

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: how to unsintall this on my yosemite macbook ?

Search in Finder for a soundflower folder and see if there's an uninstall script left over... or, reinstall it... then locate and run the uninstall script.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Search in Finder for a soundflower folder and see if there's an uninstall script left over... or, reinstall it... then locate and run the uninstall script.

Tried to seach, no file or folder under soundfower

reinstall ? I forgot what kind airplay program I installed, and I never mend to install this soundflower app ;(

Used clean mac as well, and found no left over

Adam Pettit

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I uninstalled Soundflower with the uninstaller script, and I followed the linked step 3 terminal instructions "very carefully" as you suggested. It is not installed anywhere on my computer, the file or directory does not exist.

However, I still have Soundflower 2ch and 16ch listed in my sound preferences. It is also in Audio Midi setup.

I deleted the /Library/Preferences/Audio *.plist files. That did nothing.

Yes, I have restarted multiple times. I cannot get rid of this program's artifacts. Please help!

Rod Sprague

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

As you have already had a pretty good shot at it the task is a little more difficult. I would suggest you reinstall soundflower and use a better deinstalled. Personally I use a free utility called app trap. But CleanMyMac 3 also does a good job of listing all associated files and removing them. There are other free alternative apps just for total removal of apps. Find any file is also useful if you know what you are looking for.

the beanieman84

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I managed todo it in the end. There was a file in a location that I have not seen mentioned on any pages google came up with. The file was in a location something like: /Library/Extensions/SoundFlower.kext Im using EL Captin, that maybe why the file is stored in a different location.

Thanks,
David

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2