How do I turn off the personal hotspot banner?

qtrim

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Turn off personal hotspot banner

I wish there was a way to turn off the pulsing blue banner when I'm using my phone as a hotspot.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Turn off personal hotspot banner

There's a good reason it's there, and can't turn off... people who "forget" it's on, and blow a data cap would be all over Apple like there's sand in the Sahara for allowing it to happen.

Star1child

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

There's a good reason it's there, and can't turn off... people who "forget" it's on, and blow a data cap would be all over Apple like there's sand in the Sahara for allowing it to happen.

Many of us including myself, have unlimited data plans and therefore are completely unaffected by data charges. I believe in this basis Apple should pull the finger out and include an option within settings for unlimited data users that remove such frustrating features as the Hotspot banner.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Many of us including myself, have unlimited data plans and therefore are completely unaffected by data charges. I believe in this basis Apple should pull the finger out and include an option within settings for unlimited data users that remove such frustrating features as the Hotspot banner.

Maybe they will in a future update. In the meantime, feel free to make that suggestion via their feedback form on their support website.

NoBanners

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site

No movement on request, so posting is all that is left to users.

What is worse is accidentally touching this throws up the hotspot screen with access password.

The banner is bad, but Apple didn't think it through that they are regularly displaying the password for hotspot. This happens way to many times when I reach for the phone or dare to touch the top area. Of course, when this happens I and everyone around me can see screen.

Just give me an option to enable/disable. Let me decide.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

No movement on request, so posting is all that is left to users.

What is worse is accidentally touching this throws up the hotspot screen with access password.

The banner is bad, but Apple didn't think it through that they are regularly displaying the password for hotspot. This happens way to many times when I reach for the phone or dare to touch the top area. Of course, when this happens I and everyone around me can see screen.

Just give me an option to enable/disable. Let me decide.

I don’t agree. That password, if a strong one, is not easy to read from a distance and certainly not readable and memorizable faster than you can close the Settings screen.

Yes, options are good, but not in this particular case.

RovingView

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
So you believe users are too stupid to be trusted with decisions, but this stupidity is reliable because they would never find a way to catch a password shown on a screen.

So many problems here, not least of which is that you assume screen is only seen by a human (not camera) and that user is constantly watching to make sure hotspot screen is immediately closed when accidentally opened. (when not if)

So it is acceptable to show a password that would give full use of phone's data buffer, but it is not permissible for user to hide banner that this data buffer is being used?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So you believe users are too stupid to be trusted with decisions, but this stupidity is reliable because they would never find a way to catch a password shown on a screen.

So many problems here, not least of which is that you assume screen is only seen by a human (not camera) and that user is constantly watching to make sure hotspot screen is immediately closed when accidentally opened. (when not if)

So it is acceptable to show a password that would give full use of phone's data buffer, but it is not permissible for user to hide banner that this data buffer is being used?

Even in case of a camera, new connections are only possible if the setting is on screen. Connections also timeout when the device connected to the hotspot is idling.
There are too many failsafes and other factors built in the hotspot feature, that in my humble and personal opinion don’t require any other work from Apple.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know why my personal hospot is loading all the time?
I restarted the phone but always the same.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice