How do I transition my restored iPhone 11 (iOS 14 beta) to the official iOS version?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi All:

Quick question! I recently got in my iPhone 12 Pro and everything is running smoothly! However, I wiped my iPhone 11 Pro and gave it to my Mom, but when I transferred over her data from her old iPhone XS (which was on the general iOS 14.1 release), my iPhone 11 Pro was still on 14.2 beta.

I do not necessarily want to downgrade her phone back to 14.1, but is there a way to get her back on the general release track? Should I simply delete the beta profile from that phone and just wait for a new update? When a new general update gets released to the public, will she be able to see it in “Software Updates” and simply update to it? Or is there something more that I need to actively do to that phone?

Thank you!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Updating from a Beta Profile to GM/Official Release?

Better off just re-installing the profile on her phone and downloading the GM that released today. Once it installs just go ahead and delete the beta profile after that.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Updating from a Beta Profile to GM/Official Release?

Better off just re-installing the profile on her phone and downloading the GM that released today. Once it installs just go ahead and delete the beta profile after that.

Or simply delete the profile and wait for an update to come out.
Won’t take long now before iOS 14.2 goes official.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner