How do i transfer my AT&T iPhone 5 to VZW?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're asking how to use your AT&T brand iPhone on Verizon's network, you cannot.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will not activate a phone on their system that is not theirs. You would need to sell the AT&T phone and get a Verizon phone.

TSheehan

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Would it help if the iPhone was jail broken....? Not really sure what that is, just saw a bit about it while i was researching.

I bet i could get a good price on my current iPhone 5, i just had apple care replace it about a month ago. What do you think i could get for it? 200?

Thanks!

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are switching to VZW just trade it in for a iPhone 6. If you want the 16GB it'll be free (which is the same thing as you selling it for $200, without the hassle.) Or if you what a higher capacity there is still $199 in trade in value for you!

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will not activate a phone on their system that is not theirs. You would need to sell the AT&T phone and get a Verizon phone.

This is always confusing to me. I've gotten more than one replacement iphone from the Apple Store, & while setting it up there is a screen to select your provider. All of them are listed (vzw sprint tmo etc)... Doesn't that suggest that at some point the phone can be reverted back to the same state & reassign a new carrier??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For Verizon they have to allow the meid number into their system unless that phone was originally meant for Verizon they will not allow that phone to be activated on their system.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73