How do I sync iOS Contacts with Outlook People?

nphamvn

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I used to be a Windows 10 Mobile user. I saved my contacts in People signed in with my Microsoft account (@hotmail.com). W10M's dead, I bought an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3. I registered Apple ID with my MS account (the Apple ID is the same as my MS account, both are @hotmail.com). In some previous tries, I couldn't add my MS account in Contacts, Calendar... (may be because the MS account is the same as the Apple ID). But yesterday I did it, I added successfully, but the contacts are not synced. I updated in Contacts app, but no contacts was loaded from People. Can you help me?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello, welcome!

First of all, as far as I know, your Apple ID being the same as one of your emails has nothing to do, they are separate accounts.

Second, if you added your MS account by going to phone settings > accounts and passwords > add an account, it should give you the option to toggle on/off 5 settings: email, contacts, calendars, reminders, and notes. Toggling on the contacts should start syncing and showing them in your contacts app.

Third: keep in mind that if you open the contacts app and check the upper left corner that says "groups" you can see if your outlook contacts are checked (hence shown) or not.

Hope this helps, otherwise, let us know.

BrunelloMagni

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I recently changed form a Lumia 950 to a iPhone XS and my hotmail.com contacts don't sync. Have tried your suggestions, even deleting and re-adding the account and cannot get my contact list. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit