How do I switch to streaming my iTunes music on my iPhone?

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6+, 64GB, and my iTunes library is stored on a Mac at home, and the iPhone syncs the music from the computer at home.

How do I switch to streaming my music (it's turned on on my Apple ID). I stream music on my iTunes on my Mac at work, so I want to do the same thing on my iPhone, and save some 30GB of space taken up by storing songs. I'm afraid to delete them, because they might get deleted in the cloud as well. How do I do this?

-Ryan

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switch to streaming iTunes.

Welcome to iMore! Streaming your own music requires a subscription to either music or iTunes Match, so as long as you have one of those your probably fine. When you sign into iTunes on your mac, do you see a cloud icon on your music thumbnails (see attached image)? That indicates what your music is installed online. Deleting from your device will not delete the corresponding song stored online.
Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 10.00.15 PM.png

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Switch to streaming iTunes.

Thanks, I do have iTunes Match, but I cancelled Apple Music before the trial period was over. I just clicked delete on "All Songs" and it worked, they're all streaming now, and I have 20GB free. Thanks again! If this were the apple forums I would hit "solved."

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro