How do I SELECT ALL in Safari, other apps

EmpathyHeals

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
It used to be a pain to SELECT ALL, but it was doable. Before 11.0.1. Now I can't do it at all! I listen to stuff on an app, Natural Reader.

To get the stuff I want to listen to on that app, I need to add it. If it's a file I saved from my desktop to One Drive, or Google Drive, I can try to add it automatically, as Natural Reader is connected, however, many times the file just doesn't open. So the best/easiest way, is for me to open the file in its own app, copy the text, start a new file in Natural Reader, and paste it. I used to get these text files from web sites, from One Drive, from Google Drive, by opening them and selecting all.

Now it seems that just doesn't work. No matter how much I fiddle with the points on the select edges, pull them to the side, to the top of the file, nothing selects all anymore. In Safari there is no way to select all. I just need some way to select all the text on a file I have open.

Please help!

Last edited:

EmpathyHeals

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Any answer of (better) use? I cannot select all even in the text apps that I used to, what's up with that? Anything that can be done??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It used to be a pain to SELECT ALL, but it was doable. Before 11.0.1. Now I can't do it at all! I listen to stuff on an app, Natural Reader.

To get the stuff I want to listen to on that app, I need to add it. If it's a file I saved from my desktop to One Drive, or Google Drive, I can try to add it automatically, as Natural Reader is connected, however, many times the file just doesn't open. So the best/easiest way, is for me to open the file in its own app, copy the text, start a new file in Natural Reader, and paste it. I used to get these text files from web sites, from One Drive, from Google Drive, by opening them and selecting all.

Now it seems that just doesn't work. No matter how much I fiddle with the points on the select edges, pull them to the side, to the top of the file, nothing selects all anymore. In Safari there is no way to select all. I just need some way to select all the text on a file I have open.

Please help!

If you can get the blinking cursor in between words then you can press and hold to choose the “Select All” option. It works in the native Notes app and other apps where you have a blinking cursor. In Safari, I could not get a blinking cursor on the few web pages I visited. The entire word is highlighted and as I drag my finger across the page, each word is highlighted individually. Without being able to get a blinking cursor, I was unable to select all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy